Originally Posted by yscleo
Hi.

Would this be a valid trip (for early 2020) using 180k points for 2 seats:

YYZ-TPE stop
TPE-SGN destination
SGN-SIN layover, SIN-SYD stop
SYD-LAX-YYZ

Thanks.
It's valid, but the destination is SYD not SGN as SYD is your most distant stop. The MPM for YYZ-SYD is 15540 (I think, AP site is currently down so can't confirm). YYZ-TPE-SGN-SIN-SYD is 13,472 and SYD-LAX-YYZ is only 9663 so they're fine distance wise. Good luck!
yscleo likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:00 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by opentag
It's valid, but the destination is SYD not SGN as SYD is your most distant stop. The MPM for YYZ-SYD is 15540 (I think, AP site is currently down so can't confirm). YYZ-TPE-SGN-SIN-SYD is 13,472 and SYD-LAX-YYZ is only 9663 so they're fine distance wise. Good luck!
Oh, thank you. I didn't know SYD would be the destination, as the segments before are not all in the same direction. But if this is allowed, great.

We had been to Taiwan often, and once to Thailand, but not to other parts of SE Asia, so would like to go to some of those places then SYD.

Would like to go to HaLong Bay, but there's no *A flights TPE to Hanoi, so need to go to SGN.
Old May 24, 2019, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by yscleo
Oh, thank you. I didn't know SYD would be the destination, as the segments before are not all in the same direction. But if this is allowed, great.

We had been to Taiwan often, and once to Thailand, but not to other parts of SE Asia, so would like to go to some of those places then SYD.

Would like to go to HaLong Bay, but there's no *A flights TPE to Hanoi, so need to go to SGN.
I believe Aeroplan allows you to redeem on CX for HKG-HAN, so you can incorporate that if you don't mind the short detour! It's one of the few routes thats allowed. Search for CX availability on ba.com
yscleo likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by asovse1
...schedule change on our mRTW.... The YEG-YYZ segment is our final segment and got pushed back by two hours (1AM) and assigned on a 7M8 (26h layover in YEG now actually, is this okay if we're maxed out our stops already?)
If the airline gave it to you, then it is fine.
I would use the opportunity to change to a more desirable flight time though.

We have no problem taking that particular segment but I was wondering if it was possible to use the general schedule change as an excuse to swap out our less desirable HKG-ICN (AI J) and ICN-NRT (ET J) segments earlier in the trip for HKG-HND (NH J) that I see having availability?
It is free to ask.
asovse1 likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by Smiley90
I believe Aeroplan allows you to redeem on CX for HKG-HAN, so you can incorporate that if you don't mind the short detour! It's one of the few routes thats allowed. Search for CX availability on ba.com
Oh, that's nice. However there is no CX flights HKG-HAN in the last week of Jan/2020. I guess I'll need to use SGN as a base, and fly to HaLong Bay for a side-trip there.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: hahaha
Had an email this morning about a schedule change on our mRTW. I expected more of these since we're T-230 days. The YEG-YYZ segment is our final segment and got pushed back by two hours (1AM) and assigned on a 7M8 (26h layover in YEG now actually, is this okay if we're maxed out our stops already?)

We have no problem taking that particular segment but I was wondering if it was possible to use the general schedule change as an excuse to swap out our less desirable HKG-ICN (AI J) and ICN-NRT (ET J) segments earlier in the trip for HKG-HND (NH J) that I see having availability?
DP: Found time to call in and they wouldn't let me change my intra-Asia trips (no surprise but oh well) sans change fee. Didn't HUCA because I didn't bother figuring out if it was a YMMV situation. Even if the change fee was waived, the agent wasn't able to see the HKG-HND/NRT NH Jx2 availability for Jan 29/30 like I had seen on EF. I asked if it was because they were ghost seats but he mentioned that AP was able to see ghost seats. I wonder why that is?
Old May 24, 2019, 11:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
DP: Found time to call in and they wouldn't let me change my intra-Asia trips (no surprise but oh well) sans change fee. Didn't HUCA because I didn't bother figuring out if it was a YMMV situation. Even if the change fee was waived, the agent wasn't able to see the HKG-HND/NRT NH Jx2 availability for Jan 29/30 like I had seen on EF. I asked if it was because they were ghost seats but he mentioned that AP was able to see ghost seats. I wonder why that is?
Are you talking about NH812 on the 29th and NH810 on the 30th?

They should see those.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by Rykoshet
Are you talking about NH812 on the 29th and NH810 on the 30th?

They should see those.
Unfortunately, they were not able to see 2xJ on:
NH 822 29/1
NH 812 29/1
NH 822 30/1
NH 860 30/1
NH 810 30/1

They were able to see 1xJ on two of the above, but I forget which. Pretty strange
Old May 25, 2019, 2:26 pm

Does this look like a valid mini rtw booking? Never done this with an Open-Jaw. Been told that my Open Jaw needs to take place within the same award zone, but I'm not sure if that's true.

YYZ-TPE-BKK <OPEN JAW> JNB-GRU-EZE(STOP)-PTY-YYZ
Old May 25, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jfacowns
Does this look like a valid mini rtw booking? Never done this with an Open-Jaw. Been told that my Open Jaw needs to take place within the same award zone, but I'm not sure if that's true.

YYZ-TPE-BKK <OPEN JAW> JNB-GRU-EZE(STOP)-PTY-YYZ
You can always try but most DP indicate that the open jaw cities must be in the same IATA zone - so BKK and JNB would not work.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:37 pm

Now that i am finally married I can finish booking this Honeymoon! Here is my latest and greatest itinerary i could put together, open to any suggestions. Cant seem to find a flight to Japan (kix, hnd, nrt) in J

YVR-YYC - AC - J
YYC-NRT - AC - Y *STOP*
NRT-SIN - SQ - J
SIN-BOM - SQ - Y (will keep looking for J to open up)
BOM-ADD - ET - J
ADD-NBO - ET - Y *OPEN JAW*
NBO-SEZ - *Cash ticket*
SEZ-ADD - ET - J
ADD-IST - TK - J
IST-ZRH - TK - J
ZRH-LHR - LX - Y (J was available 2 days ago, will keep checking back)
LHR-YVR - AC - J
Old May 26, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by aleks77
Now that i am finally married I can finish booking this Honeymoon! Here is my latest and greatest itinerary i could put together, open to any suggestions. Cant seem to find a flight to Japan (kix, hnd, nrt) in J

YVR-YYC - AC - J
YYC-NRT - AC - Y *STOP*
NRT-SIN - SQ - J
SIN-BOM - SQ - Y (will keep looking for J to open up)
BOM-ADD - ET - J
ADD-NBO - ET - Y *OPEN JAW*
NBO-SEZ - *Cash ticket*
SEZ-ADD - ET - J
ADD-IST - TK - J
IST-ZRH - TK - J
ZRH-LHR - LX - Y (J was available 2 days ago, will keep checking back)
LHR-YVR - AC - J
That is just too much Y, and too much $$ for the AC long hauls. Youre going end up paying $2000+ for the privilidge of flying AC Y TPAC.
If you can provide dates, we can try to help
What are the destinations here? NRT, NBO and SEZ?
Old May 26, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
That is just too much Y, and too much $$ for the AC long hauls. Youre going end up paying $2000+ for the privilidge of flying AC Y TPAC.
If you can provide dates, we can try to help
What are the destinations here? NRT, NBO and SEZ?
Surprisingly YVR-NRT flight in AC is only $265 for 2 people in tax.

NRT - NBO - SEZ are the 3 places we are visiting.

Here is the dates/times i have so far;

YVR - YYC - JUL 19 - 08:00 - 10:26 - AC - BUSINESS
YYC - NRT - JUL 19 - 12:45 - 14:35 - AC - ECONOMY
NRT - SIN - JUL 29 - 11:10 - 17:20 - SQ - BUSINESS
SIN - BOM - JUL 29 - 19:00 - 22:10 - SQ - ECO / BUSINESS
BOM - ADD - JUL 30 - 04:00 - 06:55 - ET - BUSINESS
ADD - NBO - JUL 30 - 08:15 - 10:25 - ET - ECONOMY
*NBO - SEZ - AUG 4 - 12:45 - 17:00 - KA - ECONOMY *CASH*
SEZ - ADD - AUG 10 - 17:45 - 20:30 - ET - BUSINESS
ADD - IST - AUG 11 - 00:40 - 06:10 - TK - BUSINESS
IST - ZRH - AUG 11 - 07:20 - 09:15 - TK - BUSINESS
ZRH - LHR - AUG 11 - 10:30 - 11:25 - LX - BUSINESS
LHR - YVR - AUG 11 - 13:00 - 14:30 - AC - BUSINESS
Old May 26, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by aleks77
Surprisingly YVR-NRT flight in AC is only $265 for 2 people in tax.
Not quite how it works, as NBO is your destination, you will be charged for the entire routing of YQ (not just the govt regulated YVR-TYO)
Also, are you sure that YVR-NBO MPM will allow for routing via Tokyo, Singapore and Mumbai?
The return will also be over $500 because of the AC leg.

As a curiousity, if in Y why arent you just taking the nonstop YYC-NRT available on the 19th?

But it looks like, since this is a fairly last minute booking for peak season, you'll just have to take what you came up with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.