Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by fenix8o0
For countries that banned surcharges, is the price shown on aeroplan what I should expect to pay? I still see carrier surcharges on ANA.
Do you have a stopover of >24hrs in Japan? AFAIK they're only excluded if you stop, not connecting flights through it.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by fenix8o0
For countries that banned surcharges, is the price shown on aeroplan what I should expect to pay? I still see carrier surcharges on ANA.
There is no longer a ban on fuel surcharges in Japan. (I'm assuming Japan is the country in question since you mentioned NH)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AA P; Marriott G; Hertz 5*; Club Carlson G; IHG P;
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
There is no longer a ban on fuel surcharges in Japan. (I'm assuming Japan is the country in question since you mentioned NH)
Yes I wanted a few day stopover there. It appears the list I saw is outdated. Do you know which countries have current bans on surcharges?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:43 am

LMGTFY
Happy, canadiancow and jasdou like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
I googled exactly what you wrote in your Google search and I found a lot of outdated information. I thought I knew the information but found it quite confusing after some reading.

This thread is called "Mini-RTW Questions". It's completely legitimate to ask questions about information you can't easily find on the internet. Every flyertalker, experienced or not, should be able to ask questions without being bullied.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
I googled exactly what you wrote in your Google search and I found a lot of outdated information. I thought I knew the information but found it quite confusing after some reading.

This thread is called "Mini-RTW Questions". It's completely legitimate to ask questions about information you can't easily find on the internet. Every flyertalker, experienced or not, should be able to ask questions without being bullied.
That's why you look for the most recent post/page in the search result. I was merely pointing the OP to what I would do to answer that question.

If someone else has more expert information, they are welcome to share.
Happy likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
In Sept. we're thinking of a trip
YYZ-FRA stop, FRA-ICN destination; ICN-HNL stop, HNL-YYZ
In Hawaii, could we come back from KOA instead
YYZ-FRA stop, FRA-ICN destination; ICN-HNL stop, KOA-YYZ

That is would HNL and KOA be consider a co-terminal, or is it open-jaw?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
You're fine either way, no? Believe you'd be allowed a stop OR an open jaw at that point in your suggested itinerary so you should be OK regardless of how they classify it. (My guess is open jaw)
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yscleo
In Sept. we're thinking of a trip
YYZ-FRA stop, FRA-ICN destination; ICN-HNL stop, HNL-YYZ
In Hawaii, could we come back from KOA instead
YYZ-FRA stop, FRA-ICN destination; ICN-HNL stop, KOA-YYZ

That is would HNL and KOA be consider a co-terminal, or is it open-jaw?
KOA and HNL are on different islands (I'm sure you know), so they're definitely not co-terminals.

But inter-island flights aren't too expensive.
yscleo likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
KOA and HNL are on different islands (I'm sure you know), so they're definitely not co-terminals.

But inter-island flights aren't too expensive.
Yes they are on different islands. I was wondering if the RTW with an open jaw in the second stop, would be allowed. If it is allowed, then we'll fly one-way HNL to KOA. If it's not allowed, then we'll need to do a roundtrip HNL-KOA.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes they are on different islands. I was wondering if the RTW with an open jaw in the second stop, would be allowed. If it is allowed, then we'll fly one-way HNL to KOA. If it's not allowed, then we'll need to do a roundtrip HNL-KOA.
You can either do two stopovers or one stopover + OJ at the destination (basically, you organize travel between destination & second stopover yourself). So unfortunately no, you can't stop in FRA, ICN AND have an HNL-KOA open-jaw. But should be easy enough to organize the roundtrip seperately, since it only adds one flight to your trip.
yscleo likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:30 am

Ok thanks. I was hoping because HNL and KOA and close enough, it won't be considered as open jaw and we only need to add a one-way flight HNL-KOA. Now we have to add a return flight KOA-HNL.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok thanks. I was hoping because HNL and KOA and close enough, it won't be considered as open jaw and we only need to add a one-way flight HNL-KOA. Now we have to add a return flight KOA-HNL.
your best estimate for whether two airports are co-terminals are if they share a city code. E.g. NYC covers EWR, JFK and LGA and they're considered co-terminals. SEL covers GMP & ICN, etc.

edit: GMP, not ITM. Brainfart.
yscleo likes this.

Last edited by Smiley90; Mar 21, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
I am trying to find flights from KIX-HND. I know NH flies Y for this route several times a day. I noticed that there are no results when I search for that leg on any day. However, if I search BKK-HND, I am offered BKK-KIX-HND as an option, where KIX-HND is NH in Y availability shows up.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cennis
I am trying to find flights from KIX-HND. I know NH flies Y for this route several times a day. I noticed that there are no results when I search for that leg on any day. However, if I search BKK-HND, I am offered BKK-KIX-HND as an option, where KIX-HND is NH in Y availability shows up.
I picked a random date and I see SIX flights with Y awards available. What dates are you looking at?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.