Mini RTW Questions

Old Jan 6, 19, 9:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus View Post
How about leaving from YOW, YUL or other Ontario airports?
That would work, but I'm interested in the YYZ-TPE flight, so I'd get stuck with large YQ as I believe any YOW/YUL-YYZ routing would be on AC.

I will just save the SIN/BKK segment for the return leg I guess and route something like YYZ-TPE-FUK-KIX-HND-AKL-(OJ)-CHC-PER on the way in. Will depend largely on domestic ANA and NZ availability. Will probably only book YYZ-TPE-HND-AKL-PER for now and add the domestic Japan and New Zealand flights if they ever become available.
Old Jan 7, 19, 2:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Rykoshet View Post
That would work, but I'm interested in the YYZ-TPE flight, so I'd get stuck with large YQ as I believe any YOW/YUL-YYZ routing would be on AC.

I will just save the SIN/BKK segment for the return leg I guess and route something like YYZ-TPE-FUK-KIX-HND-AKL-(OJ)-CHC-PER on the way in. Will depend largely on domestic ANA and NZ availability. Will probably only book YYZ-TPE-HND-AKL-PER for now and add the domestic Japan and New Zealand flights if they ever become available.
I believe the YQ wouldn't be signifiantly higher with a small leg on AC.

Just did a dummy booking in J far ahead for a one way
YUL-YYZ-TPE on AC and BR: 64.92$ in surcharges
YYZ-TPE on BR: 54.16$

I don't think it would be very different on a multi-city...

10$ seems worth it to be able to fly SQ First
Old Jan 7, 19, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Rykoshet View Post

AC doesn't charge YQ for domestic/NA-only flights AFAIK, and even if they did - YOW/YUL-YYZ is so short that YQ would be extremely minor.
Old Jan 8, 19, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does Aeroplan allow co-terminals on award ticket?

I see lots of flight YYZ-FLL but completely zero on the date needed for YYZ-MIA. Since I would leave from MIA, the only BR flight back to YYZ need a next day YYZ-MIA connection and there is none.

Before I call Aeroplan to find out I guess people here know the answer.
Old Jan 8, 19, 10:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Smiley90 View Post
AC doesn't charge YQ for domestic/NA-only flights AFAIK, and even if they did - YOW/YUL-YYZ is so short that YQ would be extremely minor.
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus View Post
I believe the YQ wouldn't be signifiantly higher with a small leg on AC.

Just did a dummy booking in J far ahead for a one way
YUL-YYZ-TPE on AC and BR: 64.92$ in surcharges
YYZ-TPE on BR: 54.16$

I don't think it would be very different on a multi-city...

10$ seems worth it to be able to fly SQ First
No way!! Thanks for the advice. Will definitely route like this.

Last questions. Will one F leg on YYZ-PER make the whole itinerary F? I ask because I found YYZ-PER showing up at PY mileage while 2/3 legs were in J.
Old Jan 8, 19, 12:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Yes it will unfortunately
Old Jan 9, 19, 1:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Does Aeroplan allow co-terminals on award ticket?

I see lots of flight YYZ-FLL but completely zero on the date needed for YYZ-MIA. Since I would leave from MIA, the only BR flight back to YYZ need a next day YYZ-MIA connection and there is none.

Before I call Aeroplan to find out I guess people here know the answer.
Co-terminals are allowed, but I do not believe MIA and FLL are considered co-terminals at Aeroplan.
Old Jan 9, 19, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
Co-terminals are allowed, but I do not believe MIA and FLL are considered co-terminals at Aeroplan.
Thanks for reply. I called Aeroplan yesterday (and got the SAME agent who was on duty the night before!), she checked MIA and FLL for me and said they were co-terminals in Aeroplan system, much like JFK/LGA/EWR. I hope she is correct as she at first said she remembered they were, but then added, "Let me check the system to make sure." then came back give me the positive.

I am still trying to work out some kinks on the tentative itinerary. Hope I can call them tonight to book and we will find out if MIA/FLL are good to go or not. Will update.

UPDATE
FLL and MIA are treated as co-terminals.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 13, 19 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Can you select seats for NH domestic X class bookings for travel ~10 days out?
Old Jan 12, 19, 7:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Can you select seats for NH domestic X class bookings for travel ~10 days out?
Yes (and prior to that as well) but only by calling NH - make sure to call the International desk.
Old Jan 13, 19, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know how to verify TK's segments?

The Aeroplan e-ticket receipt shows everything correctly as MIA-LIS-VCE (TP), VCE-IST-SIN (TK), SIN-PER (SQ), PER-SIN-HKG (SQ), HKG-TPE-IAH (BR), IAH-FLL (UA)

TAP's Manage Booking pulls up the whole itinerary EXCEPT one TK segment VCE-IST is missing from the itinerary.

TK website does not recognize the PNR (not booked on its site) nor the AC 014 stock ticket number. So short of calling TK, there is no other way to check?
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:24 pm

Does anyone know how to verify TK's segments?

The Aeroplan e-ticket receipt shows everything correctly as MIA-LIS-VCE (TP), VCE-IST-SIN (TK), SIN-PER (SQ), PER-SIN-HKG (SQ), HKG-TPE-IAH (BR), IAH-FLL (UA)

TAP's Manage Booking pulls up the whole itinerary EXCEPT one TK segment VCE-IST is missing from the itinerary.

TK website does not recognize the PNR (not booked on its site) nor the AC 014 stock ticket number. So short of calling TK, there is no other way to check?
Did you get the TK PNR from Aeroplan?
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:55 pm

Programs: AE*50K, *AGold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Like already replied, you will need the TK PNR to look it up on TK's site. Aeroplan can give this to you. It might also take a day or two to show up in their system if you just booked.

Don't worry about TAP not showing all segments. It's not unusual for websites and apps to get a little confused about partner segments on complex itineraries. As long as TAP shows you the TAP segments correctly, TK shows you TK correctly, etc, you should be fine.
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:58 pm

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist

With that many segments on one ticket did you try incrementing the end of the 014 ticket #? It should pull up on Turkish. I did this last week for our Turkish flight (though it may have been checkin option vs manage flight option).

Lately on aircanada.com when I enter an Aeroplan PNR it DOES show me the turkish PNR as well.

You should also check your itinerary by entering the 014# on saudia airlines site, lookup ticket, by full ticket#.

Last edited by expert7700; Jan 13, 19 at 5:04 pm
Old Jan 13, 19, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pentiumvi View Post
Did you get the TK PNR from Aeroplan?
Originally Posted by cwhitt View Post
Like already replied, you will need the TK PNR to look it up on TK's site. Aeroplan can give this to you. It might also take a day or two to show up in their system if you just booked.

Don't worry about TAP not showing all segments. It's not unusual for websites and apps to get a little confused about partner segments on complex itineraries. As long as TAP shows you the TAP segments correctly, TK shows you TK correctly, etc, you should be fine.
Yes I do have TK PNR. It is my standard practice to ask PNRs of all partners involved so I can check partner's site to make sure the booking is there. I may not be clear about the PNR used is TK's, but yes, it is the TK PNR I got from Aeroplan rep, and I have called back to make sure there is no transposing of characters when I wrote them down.
Unfortunately TK does not recognize its own PNR at all. So I tried the ticket number and that also did not work.

Everybody shows its segments correctly, except I cannot check TK status. I will try a day or 2 later with the same TK PNR, and may try the sequential e-ticket numbers.

Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
With that many segments on one ticket did you try incrementing the end of the 014 ticket #? It should pull up on Turkish. I did this last week for our Turkish flight (though it may have been checkin option vs manage flight option).

Lately on aircanada.com when I enter an Aeroplan PNR it DOES show me the turkish PNR as well.

You should also check your itinerary by entering the 014# on saudia airlines site, lookup ticket, by full ticket#.
There are 3 "tickets" under each passenger. I only tried the 1st one. May be each "ticket" is attached to each re-start of the journey, i.e. after a stopover. So the "ticket" related to TK might be the 2nd set of number. Will try that.

The TK site Check In/Manage Booking is the same tab. There is no separate tab for Check In and another tab for Manage Booking. At least not what I can find.

I have not pull up the reservation by PNR on Aeroplan site. I just went to My Bookings and it shows up. The Website remains totally messed up.

The itinerary display on Aeroplan is completely screwed up, as it shows MIA-LIS, IAH-FLL, LIS-VCE, VCE-IST-SIN, SIN-PER, PER-SIN-HKG, then the whole portion of HKG-TPE-IAH is missing, and IAH-FLL again, which is actually correct. But why would it shows up between LIS and VCE?! It even tells me there is an airport change and the very long layover... FacePalm!

Is the Saudia airlines trick still working? I thought it had stopped working long ago. The Saudia site was a life-saver during UA's transition of its reservation system to CO's. In particular the status of the coupon is what tells you whether the agent has done changes correctly. I will go to Saudi site to find out. Thanks a lot for bring up the Saudia site.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 13, 19 at 5:57 pm

Search this Thread