Mini RTW Questions

Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Note that a stop only affects MPM if you stay there longer than 24 hours.

In the specific case of SIN, this would also trigger the points cost for YYC-SIN, adding 5,000 points to the cost of the redemption, but I believe this would still work using HKG as the point of turnaround.
Good point about the extra miles.

MPM for YYC-HKG seems pretty low at 9272 miles.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:19 am

I have read through many pages and I think this is possible. The MPM for YOW-NCE is 6946 According to Aeroplan.

Is this routing allowed? Wanted to a Vegas Stop and then Head to Europe from SFO via SWISS J. Is a stop like this allowed or do I need to go through Asia and "around" to Europe?

LAS to NCE with stop in SFO/ZRH is 6500 Miles total...

YOW-YUL
YUL-LAS (STOP)
LAS-SFO
SFO-ZRH
ZRH-NCE (DEST)
NCE-VIE (STOP)
VIE-IST
IST-YUL
YUL-YOW
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by gonkman
I have read through many pages and I think this is possible. The MPM for YOW-NCE is 6946 According to Aeroplan.

Is this routing allowed? Wanted to a Vegas Stop and then Head to Europe from SFO via SWISS J. Is a stop like this allowed or do I need to go through Asia and "around" to Europe?

LAS to NCE with stop in SFO/ZRH is 6500 Miles total...

YOW-YUL
YUL-LAS (STOP)
LAS-SFO
SFO-ZRH
ZRH-NCE (DEST)
NCE-VIE (STOP)
VIE-IST
IST-YUL
YUL-YOW
VIE is the furthest stop from YOW, so it's considered your Destination, and therefore should be used for the purposes of calculating MPM.

If the routing too and from VIE is within MPM, it's allowed.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
VIE is the furthest stop from YOW, so it's considered your Destination, and therefore should be used for the purposes of calculating MPM.

If the routing too and from VIE is within MPM, it's allowed.
So YOW-VIE is 6900 MPM... Is it the total distance between YOW-YUL-LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE that needs to be under 6900? Or is it from LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE that needs to be less than 6900?

I am not a MPM expert.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
So YOW-VIE is 6900 MPM... Is it the total distance between YOW-YUL-LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE that needs to be under 6900? Or is it from LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE that needs to be less than 6900?

I am not a MPM expert.
You can't exceed 6900 for your route from YOW to VIE. YOW-YUL-LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE would be way over.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 11:35 am

I am not a MPM expert.
It's the total distance of all segments from origin to destination, in this case from YOW-VIE. Your proposed routing from YOW is way over at >9000 miles. The backtrack to LAS/SFO is killing that. You could do a revenue ticket to LAS and then an open jaw so you'd end back in YOW.

MPM from LAS to VIE is 10505, so that would work. VIE back to YOW would need to be under the 6900 mile limit.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by karlpenney
You can't exceed 6900 for your route from YOW to VIE. YOW-YUL-LAS-SFO-ZRH-NCE-VIE would be way over.
Thanks!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 4:26 pm

UK APD Question

Hey guys, does anyone know how UK APD works. Earlier, I called Aeroplan to confirm my itinerary and they said this is valid:

YYC-YYZ-ORD (<24 hrs)
ORD-ZRH-FLR (Destination)
FLR-ZRH-CDG (Stopover)
CDG-BRU-LHR (Stopover)
LHR-GVA-JFK (<24 hrs)
EWR-YYC

I got a quote for C$275 APD for the LHR-GVA-JFK segment, but when I searched the LHR-GVA segment alone, it only costs $45 APD. Why is there a huge difference in amount?
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Hey guys, does anyone know how UK APD works. Earlier, I called Aeroplan to confirm my itinerary and they said this is valid:

YYC-YYZ-ORD (<24 hrs)
ORD-ZRH-FLR (Destination)
FLR-ZRH-CDG (Stopover)
CDG-BRU-LHR (Stopover)
LHR-GVA-JFK (<24 hrs)
EWR-YYC

I got a quote for C$275 APD for the LHR-GVA-JFK segment, but when I searched the LHR-GVA segment alone, it only costs $45 APD. Why is there a huge difference in amount?
The APD varies depending on the distance between the UK and your destination / next stopover point (or to be more precise: the capital city of the country that is your destination / next stopover IIRC).

So a TATL flight will trigger a much higher APD than an intra-European flight.
zoqfotpik likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The APD varies depending on the distance between the UK and your destination / next stopover point (or to be more precise: the capital city of the country that is your destination / next stopover IIRC).

So a TATL flight will trigger a much higher APD than an intra-European flight.
Thanks for the clarification! I still want to fly out of LHR but will switch my stops around so I will stop in LHR first and then CDG..hopefully this works.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Thanks for the clarification! I still want to fly out of LHR but will switch my stops around so I will stop in LHR first and then CDG..hopefully this works.
Yep this is important. In your above example, if you stop in GVA for >24hrs, your APD will be LHR-GVA instead of LHR-JFK.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan AC-SE
I want to thank everyone for the advice provided : -) It's starting to make sense to me now and I will build my itinerary.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:27 am

Hi everyone,

Trying to make a trip plan for early next year . Does the below routing looks valid. Its approx. 14000 miles each way

YYZ -TPE
Tpe - DPS (Stop)
DPS - SIN
Sin - MEL (Destination)
MEL - BKK
BKK - LHE (Stop)
LHE - IST
IST - YYZ

And how hard it would be to find availability of 4J tickets for the above route. Aeroplan only shows availability of 3 J tickets max on EVA air.

GCmap Great Circle Mapper
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: HH Gold, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by asgr81
Hi everyone,

Trying to make a trip plan for early next year . Does the below routing looks valid. Its approx. 14000 miles each way

YYZ -TPE
Tpe - DPS (Stop)
DPS - SIN
Sin - MEL (Destination)
MEL - BKK
BKK - LHE (Stop)
LHE - IST
IST - YYZ

And how hard it would be to find availability of 4J tickets for the above route. Aeroplan only shows availability of 3 J tickets max on EVA air.
MPM for YYZ-MEL is 16200, so that routing is ok. Finding 4 J seats may be difficult though.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:30 pm

Talking Mini RTW Question

Hi everyone,

I am looking to book three J Mini RTW tickets but am having issues finding tickets for all three people. I am wondering if someone can help me answer the following questions:

1) I only have three different accounts that have 155K aeroplan points each can aeroplan Call Center reps book all three tickets in one call so I ensure that the flights I want for all three individuals are available? (I will have all three aeroplan account holders with me as I make the booking)
If I have to call three separate times...what can I do to ensure that I get the flights I want and one of the flights don't get booked by someone else.

2) I can use someone else's aeroplan account to book a ticket for another person? (i.e. A friend is using his/her aeroplan account to book a ticket in my name)

3) I have found flights into and out of Asia which have 3 available tickets. However, I am having a hard time with flights between cities... an example would be a flight from SGN to HKG... I am able to find two tickets in business class and two tickets in economy, one of the travelers is fine to fly economy, but I am wondering... if I book the two business class tickets will the economy tickets disappear? I am just worried that the flights have two reward tickets available regardless of fare class, so it appears that there are 4 reward tickets available, but in fact there are only 2.

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.