Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Hi,

Booked the following in J for March 2018.

YYZ-AMS AC J
AMS-IST TK J
IST-MLE TK J
MLE-HKG CX J (supervisor booked this after an error by Aeroplan)
HKG-DPS CX J
DPS-TPE BR J
TPE-YYZ BR J

As of right now I am on a 787 from YYZ-AMS (found it strange all seats were available when I went to select seats), however it seems that this flight is currently flown with a 767, if AC does change it to a 767 am I able to change my flight (ie no change fee due to aircraft swap ?) Also is 90min enough to connect at AMS ?

Thanks
AE will not waive change fee because of an aircraft swrap, unfortunately. 90 minutes is plenty of time for a connection in AMS. Nice itinerary BTW!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Hi,

Booked the following in J for March 2018.

YYZ-AMS AC J
AMS-IST TK J
IST-MLE TK J
MLE-HKG CX J (supervisor booked this after an error by Aeroplan)
HKG-DPS CX J
DPS-TPE BR J
TPE-YYZ BR J

As of right now I am on a 787 from YYZ-AMS (found it strange all seats were available when I went to select seats), however it seems that this flight is currently flown with a 767, if AC does change it to a 767 am I able to change my flight (ie no change fee due to aircraft swap ?) Also is 90min enough to connect at AMS ?

Thanks
what was the situation that allowed you to book CX flights?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Was originally on SQ but they never actually ticketed, when they realized a week later seats were gone, not much else available so they purchased seats on CX (better for me as true lie-flat out of MLE)
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Is it possible to route through TYO twice as a stopover and connectimg through. For example, yyz-hnd(stop)-syd(destination)-nrt-ams(stop)-yyz.

or the hnd twice?

cheers
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
Is it possible to route through TYO twice as a stopover and connectimg through. For example, yyz-hnd(stop)-syd(destination)-nrt-ams(stop)-yyz.

or the hnd twice?

cheers
You can have a connection or stopover in the same city on both the outbound and the inbound.

So if your routing is under MPM, that routing would be valid.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sxc234
what was the situation that allowed you to book CX flights?
Since sometime last year, AE allows redemption on select HKG-XXX destinations if connecting from Canada. I'm assuming because of some error within Aeroplan or a cancellation or schedule change or so, a supervisor was able to overrule this "From/To Canada" restriction for the poster and book the flight anyway, since CX probably can't control whether or not the redemption is covered by the rules, only AE does. But OP can probably explain better.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Since sometime last year, AE allows redemption on select HKG-XXX destinations if connecting from Canada. I'm assuming because of some error within Aeroplan or a cancellation or schedule change or so, a supervisor was able to overrule this "From/To Canada" restriction for the poster and book the flight anyway, since CX probably can't control whether or not the redemption is covered by the rules, only AE does. But OP can probably explain better.
I was aware that AP allows CX flights on award per an older post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...&postcount=125) but saw the OP's list of destinations expand outside of this list so was just interested. I am however not aware that the flight needs to be connected from Canada, so one has to flight direct into HKG from Canada or be connecting in HKG to Canada direct in order to get a CX flight in surrounding region?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by sxc234
I was aware that AP allows CX flights on award per an older post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28439303&postcount=125) but saw the OP's list of destinations expand outside of this list so was just interested. I am however not aware that the flight needs to be connected from Canada, so one has to flight direct into HKG from Canada or be connecting in HKG to Canada direct in order to get a CX flight in surrounding region?
I thought they did, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Either way, i'm 99% sure it has to do with what OP just wrote as "error on AE's side", so only he/she can answer what exactly allowed a supervisor to book that routing there.

EDIT: I may have been thinking of "earning" AP miles on CX, which is restricted to AC-marketed flights, which you can really only get when flying to/from Canada.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi Guys....This is the question to all you experts: This year is my parents 40th anniv. and I plan to gift them a trip to Australia with stop in Japan and Hong Kong or Singapore ALL J CLASS for Dec 2019 (I know it's next year).

However, my only question for now (more will come next year once I start to search) I just wanted to know how far in advance I will have to look to book all the segments in J class for both my parents? I really want them to enjoy this trip as it will be their first time in biz class. I want them to feel special.

Much appreciated.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: aeroplan, starwood, fairmont
Not an expert - but award space on many routes you are interested in doesnt seem to get better - so book when/if already available (ie jan 2019). Holiday travel will also make finding space more difficult on some routes.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sunwin
Hi Guys....This is the question to all you experts: This year is my parents 40th anniv. and I plan to gift them a trip to Australia with stop in Japan and Hong Kong or Singapore ALL J CLASS for Dec 2019 (I know it's next year).

However, my only question for now (more will come next year once I start to search) I just wanted to know how far in advance I will have to look to book all the segments in J class for both my parents? I really want them to enjoy this trip as it will be their first time in biz class. I want them to feel special.

Much appreciated.
For flights from NA to Asia/Australia I generally find award availability to best far in advance (often right when the booking window opens).

While the reality is obviously more complex, I would definitely recommend start searching for availability as far in advance as possible.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE50K, Marriott Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
For flights from NA to Asia/Australia I generally find award availability to best far in advance (often right when the booking window opens).

While the reality is obviously more complex, I would definitely recommend start searching for availability as far in advance as possible.
I get that part....but will the J class be available that far in advance? that too for 2 people?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:07 am

Hi all,

Trying to plan for myself a minirtw and was wondering if these look to be bookable? Any recommendations?

YYZ-LAX in J via AC
LAX-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-BKK in J via TG
BKK-HND in F via TG
HND-PEK in J via CA
PEK-YYZ in PE via AC

OR

YYZ-LAX in J via AC
LAX-HND in F via NH
HND-BKK in F via TG
BKK-DPS in J via TG - Destination
DPS-SIN in J via SQ - Stop
SIN-SGN in J via SQ - Stop
SGN-PEK in J via CA
PEK-LHR in F via CA
LHR-YYZ in J via AC

Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by sunwin
I get that part....but will the J class be available that far in advance? that too for 2 people?
Made my booking last May for 2 passengers in J YYZ - TPE - FUK - SIN - SYD and return for April 2018 departure.

Either you book super early, or last minute within 2 weeks of depature for best availability.

Previous J trip for 2 YYZ - TPE - KIX - SIN - BKK - FRA - IST - YYZ booked in December for departure the following April.

Last edited by beep88; Feb 9, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New to Aeroplan, Could the veterans here tell me - Are the following bookable?

Primarily is to go to HKG then have a stopover in Europe.

YYZ-TPE-HKG on BR (stop 1)
HKG-ZRH on LX (stop 2)
ZRH-MIA (Open Jaw)

Or

YYZ-IST-ZRH on TK (stop 1)
ZRH-HKG on LX (stop 2)
HKG-TPE-SFO on BR
SFO-IAH-FLL on UA (Open Jaw)

If Open Jaw is not allowed then we can return to YYZ. Or replace YYZ with MIA on the outbound. I use YYZ is because we have a wedding to attend to on Aug 31st and think we might be able to incorporate it into a trip to HKG and EU.

How much would be the miles? 75K x 2 per person in J?

Thanks.

Last edited by Happy; Feb 9, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.