Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
I have simplified the itinerary greatly by starting and ending the trip in YUL and doing VCE before MLE. That worked out great!
If you don't mind me asking, what is you final itinerary and how much did you pay for it?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
I have simplified the itinerary greatly by starting and ending the trip in YUL and doing VCE before MLE. That worked out great!
Definitely interested in the update route. I've been planning a similar trip to MLE.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: AC SE
is lh f pretty much gone now? I am searching for within 14 days from NA to FRA/MUC and not much is coming up. Especially western gateways (YVR, SFO, LAX, DEN, IAH).

Last edited by 300rwhp; Oct 16, 2017 at 12:34 pm Reason: found den-muc has decent availability.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
is lh f pretty much gone now? I am searching for within 14 days from NA to FRA/MUC and not much is coming up. Especially western gateways (YVR, SFO, LAX, DEN, IAH).
LH no longer flies planes with F from MUC or FRA to YVR.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:21 pm

that explains yvr thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
LH to/from west coast cities has always been a challenge for me to find.

To give an example, I once did FRA-MEX-SFO because nothing else was available.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:15 pm

I am planning a Mini RTW and I would like to make a stop that would ordinarily be a LAYOVER (i.e., less than 24 hour stay) into the DESTINATION for my trip, for MPM purposes.

In particular I'm doing YYZ-...-PVG-...-YYZ. I don't want to stop in PVG for over 24 hours but I want to make it my destination to leverage the YYZ-PVG MPM. (PVG is further away from YYZ than either of the places where I do want to stopover for over 24 hours.)

Anyone know if this is possible or not?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 8:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by flyer05
I am planning a Mini RTW and I would like to make a stop that would ordinarily be a LAYOVER (i.e., less than 24 hour stay) into the DESTINATION for my trip, for MPM purposes.

In particular I'm doing YYZ-...-PVG-...-YYZ. I don't want to stop in PVG for over 24 hours but I want to make it my destination to leverage the YYZ-PVG MPM. (PVG is further away from YYZ than either of the places where I do want to stopover for over 24 hours.)

Anyone know if this is possible or not?
Can't. Have to stop for more than 24 hours for it to become the MPM.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Aeroplan - Maximum mileage question

Ready to burn the last of my points for a Business Class mini RTW. I keep reading about maximum mileage limitations that did not appear to be a problem on my three previous mini RTWs in F ...

Three questions please...

I would like to do a mini RTW flying:

Fredericton to Auckland then to either HK, Bangkok or Singapore - then to Amsterdam or Brussels and then to Fredericton. Doing an Asia stop before Auckland is not a problem.

Can I substitute Perth for Auckland in the above itinerary?

Can I do both Auckland and Perth without the Asia stops?

Thank you!!!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Ready to burn the last of my points for a Business Class mini RTW. I keep reading about maximum mileage limitations that did not appear to be a problem on my three previous mini RTWs in F ...

Three questions please...

I would like to do a mini RTW flying:

Fredericton to Auckland then to either HK, Bangkok or Singapore - then to Amsterdam or Brussels and then to Fredericton. Doing an Asia stop before Auckland is not a problem.

Thank you!!!
Should be OK, as long as you find availability. Perth is about as far as you can go from Eastern Canada so you have quite a bit of distance to play with.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by erik19283
If you don't mind me asking, what is you final itinerary and how much did you pay for it?
Originally Posted by Vaguswarrior
Definitely interested in the update route. I've been planning a similar trip to MLE.
Sorry about the delayed reply, I just saw your questions today.

Final itinerary was posted in another thread but here it is anyway:

YUL-ZRH - LX, A333 J
ZRH-VCE - LX, CS100 J
- stopover -
VCE-IST - TK, A321 J
- I booked a longer layover to have the time to do the free Istanbul tour offered by TK -
IST-MLE - TK, A333 J
- destination -
MLE-DEL - AI, A321 J
DEL-ZRH - LX, A333 J
ZRH-YUL - LX, A333 J

Cost was 150,000 miles + $202.15 in fees and taxes per passenger

I'm hoping LX changes from the 333 to a 77W on the YUL-ZRH and ZRH-YUL segments. Otherwise I am pretty pleased with the itinerary.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: AC 75K
Mileage limits have always existing, the difference is Aeroplan changes how they calculated the limits. The way to find max mileage can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28509402-post231.html

In this scenario, AKL is the furthest stop from YFC. Max mileage for YFC-AKL is 14868. So you just need to make sure that your trip on the way to AKL and on the way home doesn't exceed 14868 miles each way.

Sure, in this case same rules apply as above, but the mileage limit increases to 18356.

Same as above - mileage limit is 18356

In my experience Perth opens up a bunch of routing opportunties given the mileage limits are always generous.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Mileage limits have always existing, the difference is Aeroplan changes how they calculated the limits. The way to find max mileage can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28509402-post231.html

In this scenario, AKL is the furthest stop from YFC. Max mileage for YFC-AKL is 14868. So you just need to make sure that your trip on the way to AKL and on the way home doesn't exceed 14868 miles each way.

Sure, in this case same rules apply as above, but the mileage limit increases to 18356.

Same as above - mileage limit is 18356

In my experience Perth opens up a bunch of routing opportunties given the mileage limits are always generous.
Thank you for all the replies !!!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:47 pm

Would this be within the MPM limits and work?

YVR - HKG - HND (STOP) - PER - CPT (STOP) - AMS (STOP) - YVR
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by laddielad
Would this be within the MPM limits and work?

YVR - HKG - HND (STOP) - PER - CPT (STOP) - AMS (STOP) - YVR
CPT is your POT. Your inbound is fine, but your outbound is 18501 miles, way over the MPM of 16321. If you can get to HND or NRT non-stop that would work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.