Mini RTW Questions

Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mahoogalah
I reread the rules on the Aeroplan site and confirms that. So I would think there would be another reason why my reservation is still unticketed. How long does ticketing typically take? Does it take longer since it involves non-AC flights (in my case AC, LX and TK)?
Just an update that my reservation is now ticketed. For those who keep track, the total fees per person are $281.96 for everything in J (with the exception of the YUL-YYZ leg).
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:45 am

I've always done east bound for timing purposes. Flights are always shorter, and more red eye flights means fewer hotel nights needed, although it's probably more tiring that way
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K , HH DIAMOND, MARRIOTT PLATINUM
Originally Posted by crimsona
I've always done east bound for timing purposes. Flights are always shorter, and more red eye flights means fewer hotel nights needed, although it's probably more tiring that way
Just checked my intinary in reverse and seemed that timings of flights were not optimal for us. Red eye's do suck but they do have their advantages, with 5 of them over a 2 week period we'll see how my significant other can handle them
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Klove007
with 5 of them over a 2 week period we'll see how my significant other can handle them
You will experience the handling by your significant other and we would like to see the reaction and interaction between the two of you.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Where on Aeroplan tool or site did you find the above that shows 3 stops and an origin. Or do you mean Aeroplan forums?
I am trying to get a routing from YYC to Europe and Asia as well. Is it still possible to find the way? Anyone any ideas. I saw some posts suggesting not but I can not find that now.

I searched it on aeroplan.ca is separate segments. YQR-NRT-SIN-YQR first then on the return from SIN-YQR there was route that connected in LHR so I assumed I could make LHR a stopover as it was already a layover anyway.

I'm sure there are more sites that others can recommend but I use aeroplan.ca as I'm most familiar with that one
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by Jenny JT
I searched it on aeroplan.ca is separate segments. YQR-NRT-SIN-YQR first then on the return from SIN-YQR there was route that connected in LHR so I assumed I could make LHR a stopover as it was already a layover anyway.

I'm sure there are more sites that others can recommend but I use aeroplan.ca as I'm most familiar with that one
Maybe it's not clear (to me), but did you actually call Aeroplan and validate the route?

Many people do just use Aeroplan.com for segment by segment searches, but after stringing all the bits together, you'd still need to call Aeroplan and have the route validated. If you already did verify, then thanks for posting. You should post here to let others know:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...cement-16.html

JJJ
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:51 pm

Hi guys first time aeroplan booker here, I was wondering if the following routing is possible:

YYZ -> SIN (Destination) -> SYD or AKL (Stop) -> HND (Stop) -> YYZ

... with the necessary connections (I'm pretty flexible on that) in between to get to each destination/stop.

If that doesn't work I was hoping someone could recommend me some great vacation spots I can go to for 1 week each (2 weeks total) at the end of April/beginning of May before I head home from Singapore to Toronto.

In terms of booking should I just be going on aeroplan.ca and finding each individual flight and then mashing them together and then phone in to book? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Wong
Hi guys first time aeroplan booker here, I was wondering if the following routing is possible:

YYZ -> SIN (Destination) -> SYD or AKL (Stop) -> HND (Stop) -> YYZ

... with the necessary connections (I'm pretty flexible on that) in between to get to each destination/stop.

If that doesn't work I was hoping someone could recommend me some great vacation spots I can go to for 1 week each (2 weeks total) at the end of April/beginning of May before I head home from Singapore to Toronto.

In terms of booking should I just be going on aeroplan.ca and finding each individual flight and then mashing them together and then phone in to book? Thanks.

Should be doable
Good luck and have fun searching (one by one, yes)

similar to this (HND should be easier)
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Booked a client to day for 2x160k + $450ish tax (no YQ - just stupid high Aus/France tax)

YYZ-IAH-PEK-SIN AC/CA/SQ
stop
SIN-SYD SQ
dest
SYD-SIN-BKK-IST-CDG SQ/SQ/TK/TK
stop
CDG-ZRH-BOS-YYZ LX/LX/AC

All in business for 5 weeks late May to early July

Clocks in just under the MPM quoted in the MPM thread.

Happy campers all around
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:00 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Thinking of doing this next spring:

YYZ-IST via LHR/CDG (AC/TK)
IST-GOI via DXB and 2 other Indian airports (TK and AI)
GOI-YYZ via ZRH and CDG (AI, LX and AC)

All those are bookable on AP.

Would I be able to stop over for a few days in either LHR or DXB since they're connecting cities without going over MPM?

Or is there another place in the zone worth visiting while keeping IST and GOI?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung

Should be doable
Good luck and have fun searching (one by one, yes)

similar to this (HND should be easier)
Hi Thanks for your reply. I've been on Aeroplan for several hrs and have put together something that works (I hope). Was wondering if you or if anyone else could chime in on how to improve (cost and routing, etc.). This is all done on economy class.

Dec 31 YYZ -> EWR (AC) (2 hr transit)
Dec 31 EWR -> PVG (UA) (2 hr transit)
Jan 1 PVG -> SIN (SQ) (stop)

April 22 SIN -> SYD (SQ) (stop)
May 1 SYD -> HND (NH) (stop)
May 9 HND -> SFO (UA) (less than 24hr layover)
May 8 <timezone difference> SFO -> YYZ (AC)

All told I think this will cost about $500... at least thats what I've been estimating on Aeroplan.

Things I don't like about this were:
1. First half of the trip I was trying to get a less than 24hr layover somewhere. Was aiming for PVG but I tried every option on Aeroplan but there was nothing leaving on Jan 2 within the time limit.

2. Ideally I don't wanna be taking NH from SYD to HND as they would cost a lot... is there any other way I can get to Japan without that? Is flying back to SIN and then on to HND with SQ doable or is that not allowed?

Any other help would be great... I understand its getting late to book now cause of the first half of my trip so I feel like I'm rather limited there (I tried going through Europe but that seemed like too much transiting).

Thanks in advance for all your help guys.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
2. Ideally I don't wanna be taking NH from SYD to HND as they would cost a lot... is there any other way I can get to Japan without that? Is flying back to SIN and then on to HND with SQ doable or is that not allowed?
Yes, you can go SYD-SIN-HND/NRT on the way back (it doesnt matter if you arrive NRT and depart HND), you can also fly CA via PVG/PEK to save a couple hundred. Even something like SYD-SIN-TPE-NRT on SQ/BR is doable.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Yes, you can go SYD-SIN-HND/NRT on the way back (it doesnt matter if you arrive NRT and depart HND), you can also fly CA via PVG/PEK to save a couple hundred. Even something like SYD-SIN-TPE-NRT on SQ/BR is doable.
Thanks for your reply. I tried inputting as you suggested onto Aeroplan and for example with TPE when I type in SYD to TPE it'll show routes but they're all 24hr+ and not with BR. There are some SQ routes but again they're like 24hrs.

PVG is better but the results they give me seem to require a lot of transitting if I don't wanna be paying for ANA or Asiana. Like for example I can take SQ but to get from SYD to PVG to Japan I'd have to transit in SIN and FUK.

Basically I was just wondering if theres any "hidden" routes where I can limit my transitting or are those the ones I'd have to choose from? I was also wondering transitting is considered 1 of the 10 segments right? Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:58 pm

BR doesn't release seats until 14 days beforehand. You can book your itin first, and then pay the change fee closer to the date if there's space
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:12 pm

Thanks for your reply. I tried inputting as you suggested onto Aeroplan and for example with TPE when I type in SYD to TPE it'll show routes but they're all 24hr+ and not with BR. There are some SQ routes but again they're like 24hrs.

PVG is better but the results they give me seem to require a lot of transitting if I don't wanna be paying for ANA or Asiana. Like for example I can take SQ but to get from SYD to PVG to Japan I'd have to transit in SIN and FUK.

Basically I was just wondering if theres any "hidden" routes where I can limit my transitting or are those the ones I'd have to choose from? I was also wondering transitting is considered 1 of the 10 segments right? Thanks.
Not many options really. not aware of any hidden routes

Google Flights one-way SYD-NRT/HND on May 9th, *A only. Most are >24 hours
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

You could just book something on low-YQ carriers (SQ or CA) and change it later closer to the date

Transit counts as 1 segment, but I think the 10 segment max limit is gone after Oct 29, 2014 MPM change...
Old Oct 20, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Not many options really. not aware of any hidden routes

Google Flights one-way SYD-NRT/HND on May 9th, *A only. Most are >24 hours
https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc..._ALLIANCE;eo=e

You could just book something on low-YQ carriers (SQ or CA) and change it later closer to the date

Transit counts as 1 segment, but I think the 10 segment max limit is gone after Oct 29, 2014 MPM change...
Wait so if the 10 segment limit is gone... how many segments can I do? Would something like what I did still be valid?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.