Mini RTW Questions

Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by crimsona
Given that BCN is further from YVR than CCS, it'd be routing to Europe through South America. Moot point though, because it's 40% over mpm, and you're allowed 5%
Ah. Well, either way, details.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:46 am

YVR-IAH-FRA-BCN is over mpm20, so that's out already.

Europe-South America-North America is way over mpm 25, so not even close.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:35 am

If you consider IST as europe, I can imagine one NA-SA-Europe-ASIA-SP routing that would work (YYZ-GIG-IST-SIN-SYD) is slightly below mpm5....
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by hearna
If you consider IST as europe, I can imagine one NA-SA-Europe-ASIA-SP routing that would work (YYZ-GIG-IST-SIN-SYD) is slightly below mpm5....
Sure, but your destination/point of turnaround isn't Europe in this case, it's SYD. Apples and oranges comparison, but a great routing!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: AC*SE100K, SPG Gold
YVR-IAH-FRA-BCN is over mpm20, so that's out already.

Europe-South America-North America is way over mpm 25, so not even close.
Thank you all for the advice, I will try to do it in 2 separate tickets then:

YVR-IAH-FRA-LHR-BOG

and a one way return on a separate ticket from BOG-YYZ-YVR.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:31 am

Anything through IAH is invalid

YVR-IAH-FRA alone is invalid (mpm 20), so you need to drop IAH and go through somewhere closer like ORD (barely legal)

FRA-LHR-BOG is OK, but only if they don't count the surface sector from BOG to YVR
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:33 am

Anything through IAH is invalid

YVR-IAH-FRA alone is invalid (mpm 20), so you need to drop IAH and go through somewhere closer like ORD (barely legal)

FRA-LHR-BOG is OK, but only if they don't count the surface sector from BOG to YVR
YVR-IAH-FRA *should* be a published routing with UA, but when you attach the return that'll make the itinerary invalid.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AE dDiamond, AC Prestige
Question about valid itinerary

Can anyone tell me if this is a valid itinerary?

YYZ-IST(stop)-PVG-SYD(turnaround)-ICN-HND(stop)-YYZ

I'm looking to book this for next year. I've found availability in J on each leg, however I'm not sure about the MPM. KVS Tool tells me it's over the limit, yet this site (http://www.turnleftat.com/mini-rtw-list/) shows very similar itineraries booked successfully.

Should I just call AE and give it a go?

Also, what airlines should I avoid to minimize YQ? I'm stuck on AC on the legs in and out of YYZ (unless I make some pre-positioning revenue flights).

Any help would be very much appreciated!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yerffej201
YVR-IAH-FRA *should* be a published routing with UA, but when you attach the return that'll make the itinerary invalid.
Why? The return shouldn't matter for a published routing. That is to say, up to the POT. What the POT is here is disputable, though (looks like CCS).

Originally Posted by DeanV

I'm looking to book this for next year. I've found availability in J on each leg, however I'm not sure about the MPM. KVS Tool tells me it's over the limit, yet this site (http://www.turnleftat.com/mini-rtw-list/) shows very similar itineraries booked successfully.

Also, what airlines should I avoid to minimize YQ? I'm stuck on AC on the legs in and out of YYZ (unless I make some pre-positioning revenue flights).

The outbound should be fine. I think the return is okay, too, but it might push MPM a little bit. I don't have the numbers in front of me so can't definitively say, though.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Why? The return shouldn't matter for a published routing. That is to say, up to the POT. What the POT is here is disputable, though (looks like CCS).
The return does matter, because with AP it's either MPM or published routing. Assuming the connection via IAH is a published routing, there's no way the return via BOG would be permitted. From what I know Aeroplan calculates published routing as from all segments including open jaws, which is why the BOG connection is relevant here.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by DeanV

I think your return is slightly over MPM, however there should be a published routing so you should be fine. YYZ-IST is also flown by TK which has no YQ, although award space is scarce. If you're willing to connect again you could look at a AC flight to another gateway such as IAD, YUL, JFK, BOS, or ORD to head to IST.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:48 am

Programs: AC E50K
A quick little question, is there any way to from YUL to Europe through the pacific? There are MPM5 numbers for YUL-FCO and YUL-AMS through the pacific (with both being around 13.5k), however I can't find a routing which would actually permit this.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
If you're going to stop somewhere in Asia, then that would be your destination and you can also stop in Europe on the way back. Not sure why you'd want to fly YUL-FCO via the Pacific without stopping...
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: AC E50K
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
If you're going to stop somewhere in Asia, then that would be your destination and you can also stop in Europe on the way back. Not sure why you'd want to fly YUL-FCO via the Pacific without stopping...
Maximize plane time, and try and get < 24 stops there.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Eternity000
A quick little question, is there any way to from YUL to Europe through the pacific? There are MPM5 numbers for YUL-FCO and YUL-AMS through the pacific (with both being around 13.5k), however I can't find a routing which would actually permit this.
YUL-YYZ/ORD-PEK-(WAW/FRA/IST/ATH)-FCO (scamcharge free)
YUL-YYZ-NRT-IST-FCO

I dont know why anyone would subject themselves to that (I guess you can get <24 hours en route )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.