Mini RTW Questions

Old Jul 22, 2014, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Has anyone seen availability of NZ for NRT-AKL-NRT?

I checked 330 days and its zilch. Last year for this year was bookable.
Most of the schedule I've seen, it's zero'ed out. NZ J is basically impossible to book these days.

The only route I see any NZ J availability anymore is AKL-PVG (some days they'll be using the 787-9!)
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Has anyone seen availability of NZ for NRT-AKL-NRT?

I checked 330 days and its zilch. Last year for this year was bookable.
There's the odd single seat AKL->NRT on the 777, for example Nov 3rd, and Nov 7th.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by monkai
There's the odd single seat AKL->NRT on the 777, for example Nov 3rd, and Nov 7th.
I need 2 for April-May next year.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by LoveSQ
Thanks. Is it free?
Is it really difficult to put the url into your browser and see? As opposed to typing out the question and waiting for answers?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:48 am

I saw space for 2 for AKL-KIX on specific dates, if Osaka is OK

Otherwise, I haven't seen any dates with 2 seats to Tokyo since last December.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:17 pm

I think I saw a few seats in February or March but haven't seen any since.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Originally Posted by sp4294
May I ask what the point is of all those (nonsensical IMO) little hops in Europe to get from PRG to ZRH, and then to LHR? Why do that yourself? Is your time not worth anything? Do you like to fly narrow body aircraft? :-)
lol it was just plainly stupid and embarrassing....
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:59 pm

I have been learning from Flyertalk about how to book a legit yet worthwhile mini-rtw trip. (e.s.p from above two wonderful and knowledgeable people:-) )

I would like to get some inspirations and feedback on this trip I am about to book. I have enough miles for a first class, but I guess J is easier to find available spot.

I will need to be at a wedding in KIX around Late Nov, and would like to spend a few days in TPE. The following itinerary has been verified by KVM as they will be available for the dates I want.

YUL-LAX J AC
LAX-TPE J BR (Stop)
TPE-KIX J BR (TP)
KIX-IST J TK (Stop)
IST-YUL J TK

I am not 100% the TPE-KIX leg, as it is going backwards a little bit. Otherwise, I think it shall be fine with MPM5.

I could also do something in reversed order, going from yul - ist - kix - tpe - lax/sfo/ord - yul perhaps...

However, due to the availabilities in November, this is what I could find from KVM. I was hoping to do route such as YYZ - TPE, etc... to avoid AC metal. It seems the J is all booked at this moment.

I am hoping to get more inspiration on how to enhance my first mini-rtw trip. Thank you all!

Last edited by allanyong; Jul 23, 2014 at 8:44 pm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: aeroplan,aaadvantage
Try the reverse

Not sure if there events u have to attend but if you fly yul to ist through europe then stop in taipei its usually easy to find tpe to lax or sfo back to canada
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by allanyong
I have been learning from Flyertalk about how to book a legit yet worthwhile mini-rtw trip. (e.s.p from above two wonderful and knowledgeable people:-) )

I would like to get some inspirations and feedback on this trip I am about to book. I have enough miles for a first class, but I guess J is easier to find available spot.

I will need to be at a wedding in KIX around Late Nov, and would like to spend a few days in TPE. The following itinerary has been verified by KVM as they will be available for the dates I want.

YUL-LAX J AC
LAX-TPE J BR (Stop)
TPE-KIX J BR (TP)
KIX-IST J TK (Stop)
IST-YUL J TK

I am not 100% the TPE-KIX leg, as it is going backwards a little bit. Otherwise, I think it shall be fine with MPM5.

I could also do something in reversed order, going from yul - ist - kix - tpe - lax/sfo/ord - yul perhaps...

However, due to the availabilities in November, this is what I could find from KVM. I was hoping to do route such as YYZ - TPE, etc... to avoid AC metal. It seems the J is all booked at this moment.

I am hoping to get more inspiration on how to enhance my first mini-rtw trip. Thank you all!
that looks good. i think, however you might want to check the kix-ist route as last time i looked the a332 that tk put on the route had angled flats. that's a particularly brutal redeye and you might want to look at other routes that have full flats even if it means a connect (such as ex- pek or nrt).
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:51 am

Thank you guys,
I will look in reversed and see if I can find better hard product

perhaps I could get a taste of Air India...

Last edited by allanyong; Jul 24, 2014 at 6:49 am
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by allanyong
YUL-LAX J AC
LAX-TPE J BR (Stop)
TPE-KIX J BR (TP)
KIX-IST J TK (Stop)
IST-YUL J TK

Done that. Well YYZ-TPE-KIX-SIN ... so there is no backtracking issue.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:33 am

Reissue and additional miles

I booked the following prior to the increase in miles:

YYC-FRA-FCO
FCO-VIE-BKK
BKK-TPE-YVR-YYC

I'm thinking of changing to the following:

YYC-FRA-FCO
FCO-ADD
ADD-BKK-SIN
SIN-TPE-YVR-YYC

Will there be additional miles required?
Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Has anyone had luck with getting put on different airlines due to schedule changes.

We have a RTW booked with an (originally 7:40pm) lax-san (our destination) on united, but that changed to 11:51pm and there are no united flights earlier. There is an AA flight at 6:55. Would Aeroplan be likely to put us on that one? Going to call tomorrow just want to get an idea of if it's even possible.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:33 am

AA is not part of Star Alliance, I would say that's not going to be possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.