Mini RTW Questions

Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by hearna
Is 24h a Legal CNX?

NZ108 Arrives at 11:40pm and NZ289 Departs at the same time; 11:40pm....
If it's the first connectable flight out, then it's okay. e.g., if there's only one flight per day and it's at 11:40pm, then you can't connect to it from a flight that arrives at 11:40pm, so they'll allow the exactly 24 hour window (and would allow one up to 24hrs+MCT).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
It think by the rules, no (less than 24h, not less than or equal), but I think this might be a case of hang up, call back. I once scored a 26h "layover" this way on ICN-SFO-YUL (which, sadly, turned into 20h following schedule changes, then post-OZ crash delays (I flew 6 days after OZ214 went down), plus idiotic baggage handlers at SFO...), so give it a try!
haha ok; This flight will show up after my 2 stops on the way to my destination;

If I have my way;

YYZ-NYC(~24h)-CAI(22h)-DXB(3-4days)-PEK(3-4days)-SYD(10days)-AKL(=24h)-PVG-FRA(22h)-ZRH-BOS(Overnight)-YOW(18h)-YEG-YYZ with YEG-YYZ being a throway

~16500 on the outbound; 20400 on the return; ZRH-BOS is one of the only YQ free I could find; However it did not line up with a AKL-PEK-FRA that had availability on the 789
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
If it's the first connectable flight out, then it's okay. e.g., if there's only one flight per day and it's at 11:40pm, then you can't connect to it from a flight that arrives at 11:40pm, so they'll allow the exactly 24 hour window (and would allow one up to 24hrs+MCT).
Yeah its not unfortunatly; 5 or 6 flights a day SYD-AKL; thing is even if I take the first SYD-AKL; this would give me 10h in AKL; versus 24 if I take the last (but unconnectable flight)
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:58 pm

for the record, this itinerary works, and is bookable, to get to Mallorca (PMI)

YWG-ORD-FRA- PMI open jaw NAP-FRA-ORD-YWG

ORD and FRA flights are UA.

total was ~$200 in taxes +30 fee per person.

not bad considering a reward flight YWG-ORD-YWG costs $100 per person or so
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:52 pm

Any Ideas on valid routings SYD-YYZ; I have fought with AE for over 2 hours on TATL routings (YQ free) and honestly the amount of time required to fly SYD-YYZ TATL versus SYD-YYZ TPAC in lost days at work is making the fight of YQ free flights less appealing....
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
So I see everyone trying to rush for the Dec 31 deadline?

Me too !

Is this over the MPM?

YYZ-x/TPE-x/HKG-SIN-x/BKK-CPH-x/IST-YYZ?

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Dec 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
So I see everyone trying to rush for the Dec 31 deadline?

Me too !

Is this over the MPM?

YYZ-x/TPE-x/HKG-SIN-x/BKK-CPH-x/IST-YYZ?
CPH-IST maybe considered backtracking, however I think you should be able to book this.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by mileageking
CPH-IST maybe considered backtracking, however I think you should be able to book this.
Actually I can book it online and its giving me YYZ-x/TPE-x/HKG-SIN-x/BKK-x/CPH-IST-YYZ.

But I'd rather stop in CPH than IST but of course I can't force that entry online.

If I book it, and then call in to change it right away, will I still be dinged the $90 change fee?

Or else, what do you think.. to call in and pay for the $30 fee instead? I have no AP status so that may mean a few hours on the phone?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:34 am

For SE, 1st change is free, not sure if they can do you a favor. Rule states changes cost $90. Best is to pay $30 (worth it) and see if agent can book CPH-IST.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz Presidentís Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Aeroplan waits are civil...it's AC that are Third World class!
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Aeroplan waits are civil...it's AC that are Third World class!
When I call airlines in third world countries, someone picks up the phone almost immediately.

1hr+ wait times are strictly a first world way of doing business.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tyberius
When I call airlines in third world countries, someone picks up the phone almost immediately.

1hr+ wait times are strictly a first world way of doing business.
So very true. To get to a 9W agent takes one button press in the menu and about a 2 min wait, mostly listening to the "your call will be recorded" message.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:39 am

when I called Aeroplan yesterday, it first gave me 21 minute hold time, then system error and hung up on me.

called back and the hold time jumped to fifty minutes

called back a third time ten minutes later and was instantly transferred to an agent
Old Dec 29, 2013, 9:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by crimsona
when I called Aeroplan yesterday, it first gave me 21 minute hold time, then system error and hung up on me.

called back a third time ten minutes later and was instantly transferred to an agent
oh man i'd hate to be on duty at the Errorplan centre these next few days

Next year should be amusing with the dDiamond supposed priority queuing. I bet it won't actually work.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by crimsona

Called in yesterday early evening and after inputting my AE account number was connected in less than a minute to an agent. Took about 15-minutes to do my pre-researched itinerary, then had to wait a half hour for a callback from a ticketing agent with the fees/taxes which I paid and eticket arrived a few seconds later. 12-segment mini-RtW in J/I, flying UA/SK/TK/BR/SN, no scamcharges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.