Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by AZbba
SAN-SFO-TPE(stop)-HKG-ZRH-MAD(destination)-ZRH-BKK(stop)-TPE-LAX-SAN

all in J except for the bkk-tpe in TG Y (couldn't find any days that J would work) and of course the lax-san.

Taxes ~$130 pp

edit: I can't seem to get checkmytrip to find it. Do I just enter the booking reference/ last name?
You have great itinerary and price. Could you provide the airlines for each segment?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

all in J except for the bkk-tpe in TG Y (couldn't find any days that J would work) and of course the lax-san.

Taxes ~$130 pp

edit: I can't seem to get checkmytrip to find it. Do I just enter the booking reference/ last name?
You need to get all the PNRs for the individual airlines, and look up using those. Aeroplan's PNR does not pull up on CMT, but others do.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:14 pm

LOL. Aeroplan is stooping to blackmail (unless I'm really confused about something).

"Sir, I've checked your return, SIN-KIX-PEK-SVO-WAW-YYZ-YUL. We can't make it work, it's over "mileage" and/or "fare routing". The only way we can make it work is if you abandon your outbound, YUL-YYZ-IST-PEK-SIN, and route through JFK/FRA instead. Then you will be within mileage. I know you're trying to save on taxes, but that's the only way that we can make that work within "mileage" and "fare routing"."
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You have great itinerary and price. Could you provide the airlines for each segment?

Sure,

SAN-SFO - UA J
SFO-TPE - BR J
TPE-HKG - BR J
HKG-ZRH - LX J
ZRH-MAD - LX J
MAD-ZRH - LX J
ZRH-BKK - LX J
BKK-TPE - TG Y
TPE-LAX - BR J
LAX-SFO UA Y
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:21 pm

Sure,

SAN-SFO - UA J
SFO-TPE - BR J
TPE-HKG - BR J
HKG-ZRH - LX J
ZRH-MAD - LX J
MAD-ZRH - LX J
ZRH-BKK - LX J
BKK-TPE - TG Y
TPE-LAX - BR J
LAX-SFO UA Y
Tks, its good you were able to get LX on so many segments.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Oct 31, 2013 at 11:27 pm
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Originally Posted by tng11
I will be flying in Y anyway :s I would really like to fly from YUL if possible so could I fly SQ from SIN-LAX on Y?
Yes - as long as you find YUL-LAX direct, it's all good. If you get rebuffed, tell them it's a published SQ routing.

SQ also has a published routing where you can do YUL-JFK-FRA-SIN-SYD.

In Y from YUL to SYD - I can already feel my back hurting even though I've done more than a dozen round-trips non-stop from YYZ to HKG in coach.
Yes I know it will be long....so to resume the following will be valid:

Yul-jfk
Jfk-ist
Ist-hkg
Hkg-akl stop
Akl-syd stop
Syd-sin stop
Sin-lax
Lax-yul
So is this valid in terms of mpm?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:00 am

Okay. The HUCU mantra holds, although it took me three days and a lost itinerary before I managed to actually book something. Sigh. Why do people have to make life so difficult? I had one tell me that my itinerary is invalid the moment I mentioned IST and PEK - before she even checked MPM, because it "seemed" wrong. What's this, USDM? Another one, as posted above, tried to blackmail me into taking AC/LH flights so that they "allow" my return.

I finally succeeded to book something. No word on taxes yet, but it's gone to ticketing, so I'll know soon.

YUL-YYZ-WAW-FRA-PEK-SIN, stop
SIN-KIX, stop
KIX-PEK-SVO, stop
DME-ZRH-YUL

MPM is 13,031 and the routes are 12,830 on the outbound and 12,843 on the return. Woohoo!

Funniest part was when I said "DME to ZRH, that's Moscow as well" and she said "yeah yeah I know". I knew things were okay then.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Okay. The HUCU mantra holds, although it took me three days and a lost itinerary before I managed to actually book something. Sigh. Why do people have to make life so difficult? I had one tell me that my itinerary is invalid the moment I mentioned IST and PEK - before she even checked MPM, because it "seemed" wrong. What's this, USDM? Another one, as posted above, tried to blackmail me into taking AC/LH flights so that they "allow" my return.

I finally succeeded to book something. No word on taxes yet, but it's gone to ticketing, so I'll know soon.

YUL-YYZ-WAW-FRA-PEK-SIN, stop
SIN-KIX, stop
KIX-PEK-SVO, stop
DME-ZRH-YUL

MPM is 13,031 and the routes are 12,830 on the outbound and 12,843 on the return. Woohoo!

Funniest part was when I said "DME to ZRH, that's Moscow as well" and she said "yeah yeah I know". I knew things were okay then.
We all knew you would win this one; but how many hours is the first leg of the trip? Or is there an overnite?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:08 am

We all knew you would win this one; but how many hours is the first leg of the trip? Or is there an overnite?
The first leg is hugely long. Raw dates, it lands in SIN exactly 4 days after departing from YUL (leaving 8am on the 30th of a month, 31-1-2, landing at 8am); the long layovers are 8 hours in YYZ, and 12 hours in PEK. This was by design, though (well, PEK, anyway - not YYZ, I mean, who wants to go do anything there, right? :P ). Unfortunately, the WAW and FRA layovers are just neither here nor there, at about 3 hours each. On the upside, I'm a bit more happy with this itin than the previous one that vanished, YUL-YYZ-IST-PEK-SIN, because the IST layover was almost 12 hours, but you can't realistically go from the airport to the city because of the traffic and bad transport links - which is totally not the case in PEK.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Tks, its good you were able to get LX on so many segments.
Yea, it's only 2 long haul J flights (and it's for 3 people each).

BKK/HKG/PEK/PVG - ZRH are amongst the easiest awards to find (close-in and in advance)
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:32 pm

So is this valid in terms of mpm?
I'm going to say no. There is no mpm value for YUL-SYD over the Atlantic, so you would have to fly the Singapore published route. OR you start your journey in YYZ where there is a mpm value over the Atlantic.

MPM M 5M
MPM PA 11960 12558

CTY GI TPM CUM MPM EMS DED LAST NEXT 25M YMQ 1
1. NYC 1 - 332 332 ****
2. IST 2 AT 5019 5351 5757 0M 0 0 406 7196
3. HKG 3 AT 4965 10316 11823 0M 0 0 1507 14778
4. AKL 3 - 5699 16015 ****
5. SYD 3 - 1342 17357 ****
**** MILEAGE DATA NOT AVAILABLE
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:43 pm

Yea, it's only 2 long haul J flights (and it's for 3 people each).

BKK/HKG/PEK/PVG - ZRH are amongst the easiest awards to find (close-in and in advance)
I must be using the wrong tool but ANA or AP has hardly any BKK-ZRH certainly nothing in April next year for 2 pex. I just went through from now to May and see one in Nov and one in Dec and nothing until May. Going the other way practically nothing until next March.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 8:50 pm

I must be using the wrong tool but ANA or AP has hardly any BKK-ZRH certainly nothing in April next year for 2 pex. I just went through from now to May and see one in Nov and one in Dec and nothing until May. Going the other way practically nothing until next March.
BKK-ZRH/FRA on LX/LH seems to be incredibly hard to get for some odd reason! Is premium traffic to BKK really that crazy?

I've been watching FRA-BKK awards on LH F for the last 2 months, and I haven't seen a single seat released in the T-14 window! In that same time I've even seen seats on the elusive, almost "impossible" FRA-SIN route.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
...because the IST layover was almost 12 hours, but you can't realistically go from the airport to the city because of the traffic and bad transport links - which is totally not the case in PEK.
I guess that may depend on the day of the week and the time you arrive in IST. I got there on a Sunday morning and it took maybe 30 or 40 mins from the airport to my hotel in Sultanahmet by car.

I actually was going to have a long layover in IST next summer to enjoy the city for the day, but I changed that to just a few hours because I'll meet a friend in BCN later on that day; otherwise, I think 12 hours is more than enough to leave the airport and go visit Istanbul.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:44 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by crimsona
I'm going to say no. There is no mpm value for YUL-SYD over the Atlantic, so you would have to fly the Singapore published route. OR you start your journey in YYZ where there is a mpm value over the Atlantic.

MPM M 5M
MPM PA 11960 12558

CTY GI TPM CUM MPM EMS DED LAST NEXT 25M YMQ 1
1. NYC 1 - 332 332 ****
2. IST 2 AT 5019 5351 5757 0M 0 0 406 7196
3. HKG 3 AT 4965 10316 11823 0M 0 0 1507 14778
4. AKL 3 - 5699 16015 ****
5. SYD 3 - 1342 17357 ****
**** MILEAGE DATA NOT AVAILABLE
Is there an easy way to get to AKL without going via NRT/SIN etc and not taking UA or AC metal? I think the only route is with NZ but I know that is very difficult to get tickets including on Y

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.