Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyCsG
In case the CSR I get is simply unfriendly (which has been most of my experience), do I mention something along the lines of "it is bookable through ANA's reward system, I believe you can request for a direct sell"?

Thanks!
Generally I don't even bring up other airlines award availability -- it just confuses agents and they will 100% of the time reply with "each airline offers different inventory to different partners and ours is gone now, thanks for calling" -- which we know to be incorrect. I think it's probably because most of the kettles think available paid seats = available award seats half the time.

So, I generally say that a different agent told me what to do. Something along the lines of "I was speaking to someone earlier, but I had to run so I couldn't complete the booking. They told me the seat was available but sometimes it doesn't show up and when I called back, to ask the next agent to do something called a 'long sell' or a 'direct sell' or something. Do you think you'd be able to help me out?"
Old Oct 27, 2013, 8:03 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
No worries! Glad it was useful.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by arcticbull
Generally I don't even bring up other airlines award availability -- it just confuses agents and they will 100% of the time reply with "each airline offers different inventory to different partners and ours is gone now, thanks for calling" -- which we know to be incorrect. I think it's probably because most of the kettles think available paid seats = available award seats half the time.

So, I generally say that a different agent told me what to do. Something along the lines of "I was speaking to someone earlier, but I had to run so I couldn't complete the booking. They told me the seat was available but sometimes it doesn't show up and when I called back, to ask the next agent to do something called a 'long sell' or a 'direct sell' or something. Do you think you'd be able to help me out?"
Thanks! Will keep that in mind for next time!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Please excuse a stupid question from someone who should know the answer...

Can I open jaw at my destination between two zones and still have two stopovers?

Route would be YYZ-TPE (stop)-BKK-KTM (o/j) BKK-LHR (stop)-YYZ

I think the answer is no on both points (inter-zone and two stops with o/j), but just wanted to check with the Hive Mind.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by krayZpaving

Can I open jaw at my destination between two zones and still have two stopovers?

I think the answer is no on both points (inter-zone and two stops with o/j), but just wanted to check with the Hive Mind.
It seems that the answer is yes and no, respectively (based on prior posts); however, I was just reading up on this, and the T&C at Aeroplan state "you can replace one stopover with an openjaw", so in THEORY, the answer SHOULD be "yes" for the latter.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:54 pm

I'm really confused. Does United BusinessFirst show up as First or Business or what on AC?

I am trying to book EWR-ZRH, and it shows up for 1 seat on United BusinessFirst Standard award when searched on United - but doesn't show up at all on Aeroplan, in no class whatsoever. Any idea if I can ask to direct sell this, or what's up?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Only flights showing the blue SAVER awards are available to Aeroplan members, nothing under the yellow STANDARD column, ever. Also, international flights on United are not BusinessFirst. United operates 2 classes within North America, Economy and BusinessFirst. United operates 3 on most international routes, Economy, Business, and First.

Sample Photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...20164240_o.jpg
Old Oct 28, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
Only flights showing the blue SAVER awards are available to Aeroplan members, nothing under the yellow STANDARD column, ever. Also, international flights on United are not BusinessFirst. United operates 2 classes within North America, Economy and BusinessFirst. United operates 3 on most international routes, Economy, Business, and First.

Sample Photo:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...20164240_o.jpg
Aaaah that explains it. Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I'm really confused. Does United BusinessFirst show up as First or Business or what on AC?

I am trying to book EWR-ZRH, and it shows up for 1 seat on United BusinessFirst Standard award when searched on United - but doesn't show up at all on Aeroplan, in no class whatsoever. Any idea if I can ask to direct sell this, or what's up?

United First = I class domestic seats
United Business = I class transborder/shorthaul domestic aircraft
United BusinessFirst = I class longhaul flat beds
United Global First = O class longhaul suites

just as stupid nameology as AC Executive First, which doesnt resemble first class in any shape or form and is just mediocre business class (I class)

And as mentioned, you need the blue SAVER awards.
At the moment United.com doesnt display LO, SN space as well as ET J space.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by krayZpaving

Wait a second! I just realised something. Last year, I booked my father into YUL-PHL-ZRH-DXB, stop, DXB-PEK-NRT-OKJ, destination, ITM-NRT-IST-VKO, stop, DME-ZRH-YUL. So I *did* have an open jaw AND two stops!

Originally Posted by rankourabu
United First = I class domestic seats
United Business = I class transborder/shorthaul domestic aircraft
United BusinessFirst = I class longhaul flat beds
United Global First = O class longhaul suites

just as stupid nameology as AC Executive First, which doesnt resemble first class in any shape or form and is just mediocre business class (I class)
Got it. Yeah ..... I've avoided it successfully for many years, and I will keep trying to, but at least I understand the difference now
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Got it. Yeah ..... I've avoided it successfully for many years, and I will keep trying to, but at least I understand the difference now
Nothing wrong with the pairs of seats on the 747 upper deck

Beats flying AC, and paying $1000 in scamcharges to do so!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:24 pm

Question regarding a change in booking of a reward trip. Why not just cancel the trip and book the new one with changes required even if its one or few changes. It would cost $30 plus compared to $90+ . Am I misunderstanding the difference in this process?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Question regarding a change in booking of a reward trip. Why not just cancel the trip and book the new one with changes required even if its one or few changes. It would cost $30 plus compared to $90+ . Am I misunderstanding the difference in this process?
Once you cancel a trip, the seats will NOT go back to award inventory. You will not got the same flights if you wanted to keep some.

Cancelling and redepositing miles also costs $100+, just like changing.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Once you cancel a trip, the seats will NOT go back to award inventory. You will not got the same flights if you wanted to keep some.

Cancelling and redepositing miles also costs $100+, just like changing.
Thanks, now I understand: will be changing not canceling and re-booking if the need arises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.