Wiki Posts
Search

CUN Business Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
CUN Business Lounge

Couldn't find much when I was looking, so I thought I'd start a thread.

A/C pax can access the Mera lounge (near A gates on the 2nd floor) in CUN. Small but air-conditioned with comfortable seating. Free wifi, computers for use, two massage chairs, flat screen TVs, and complimentary water/beer/tequila and light snacks (nuts, fruits, sandwiches).

Not bad.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Touring

A/C pax can access the Mera lounge (near A gates on the 2nd floor) in CUN. Small but air-conditioned with comfortable seating. Free wifi, computers for use, two massage chairs, flat screen TVs, and complimentary water/beer/tequila and light snacks (nuts, fruits, sandwiches).

Not bad.
Is this access recent ?

About a year ago, I was told at check in that there was no lounge available to AC premium pax.
Old May 24, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by airbus320
Is this access recent ?

About a year ago, I was told at check in that there was no lounge available to AC premium pax.
You were unfortunately told wrong. This has been the case for at least the last five years, maybe longer. The Mera Lounge at CUN accepts J class passengers, SE and E. Not sure about the American Express card or the CIBC lounge card though. This was still the case on my latest trip in April and January of this year.

You forgot the little ham and cheese sandwiches, my kids love those!!
Old May 24, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Stinger.

I will file this info under "lessons learned"
Old May 24, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Touring

Not bad.
There is a thread on this very topic in the Mexico forum.
--
13F
Old May 25, 2010, 6:42 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
It's mentioned here, BTW a great resource (although it technically is for MLL Club) http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...lclounges.html
Old May 25, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by airbus320
Thanks Stinger.

I will file this info under "lessons learned"
I wouldn't beat yourself up about it.

I travel through CUN about four times a year and ckin is always a sh!t show at the best of times.
Old May 25, 2010, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stinger
I travel through CUN about four times a year and ckin is always a sh!t show at the best of times.
Indeed it was a zoo just getting to the Air Canada check in lines. Thankfully the Exec line was not busy....
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Is this still available? And do you have to be on AC metal, or would a SE in UA J have access?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Is this still available? And do you have to be on AC metal, or would a SE in UA J have access?
UA and AC are different terminals. Long time since I have flown UA out of CUN but recall there is some kind of similar lounge. I may have got in using Priority pass rather than flying F or *G.
Old Nov 21, 2015, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Maserati
UA and AC are different terminals. Long time since I have flown UA out of CUN but recall there is some kind of similar lounge. I may have got in using Priority pass rather than flying F or *G.
Didn't realize they were different terminals.

The UA forum would indicate there is nothing for UA*G or UA J, so I guess I'll be slumming it in the terminal again.

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:48 am

Just to update info. Not sure when this changed but AC is now also flying out of T3 in Cancun (the same as UA). Lounge access. There is only one small business lounge after security. No access for Star Gold or United F when flying UA. I got the feeling that if I had been flying AC I would have been admitted as E50 and/or premium rouge.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Lounge Access at CUN

Flying on AC1563 from CUN-YHZ tomorrow in J. Is there a contract business class lounge in the airport that AC pax would be able to use?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 12:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Flew out of CUN today in J. There is NO Star Alliance lounge at CUN, only a Mera lounge (tiny) Priority Pass gets you in and also a SkyTeam lounge.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: SE MM
Originally Posted by YVRorange
Flew out of CUN today in J. There is NO Star Alliance lounge at CUN, only a Mera lounge (tiny) Priority Pass gets you in and also a SkyTeam lounge.
Yep, tiny and, frankly, barely worth the bother of finding it. May as well stay in the departure area and get rid of some pesos. Plus, at least when I flew, it was the furthest possible distance from AC's departure gate to YYZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.