Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Anyone has the Short-Haul flight chart list ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone has the Short-Haul flight chart list ??

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM
Question Anyone has the Short-Haul flight chart list ??

Aeroplan use to have a chart where you could see if YUL-xxx was SHORT-HAUL or LONG-HAUL ... Cannot find it anymore ??

Where can I get this information ?
Old May 11, 2010, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...tinations.html
Old May 11, 2010, 11:43 am
Original Poster

I want to find out what is considered short-haul from YUL for Aeroplan (15,000 points) and what is considered long-haul (25,000) ...
Old May 11, 2010, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I want to find out what is considered short-haul from YUL for Aeroplan (15,000 points) and what is considered long-haul (25,000) ...
I know so read the thread as another FTer asked exactly the same question in the thread I linked. I replied that the topic had also come up in another thread, which if you click through is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ght-award.html

shorter answer is the new award chart doesn't show the short haul routes so you either have to try dummy bookings to test or call AP as nobody has found an online chart for this level.
Old May 11, 2010, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
I know so read the thread as another FTer asked exactly the same question in the thread I linked. I replied that the topic had also come up in another thread, which if you click through is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...ght-award.html

shorter answer is the new award chart doesn't show the short haul routes so you either have to try dummy bookings to test or call AP as nobody has found an online chart for this level.
Sorry missed that link!!

I wonder why they would remove the list of destinations at 15,000 mi from the Aeroplan website ... Because I remember that they were some great deals such as YGR for 15,000 miles when a ticket is close to 1,000$ ...
Old May 11, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Basic rule of thumb is your adjacent province(s)/state(s), though in the west both Washington and Oregon qualify from BC and Alberta, and for Onatrio and Quebec US states down to DC and around the Great Lakes where AC flies.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
There was a time when you could book YYZ-ATL as a 15,000 mile round trip short haul award, but I haven't tried for a while, so don't know if it's still possible.

bj-21.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blackjack-21
There was a time when you could book YYZ-ATL as a 15,000 mile round trip short haul award, but I haven't tried for a while, so don't know if it's still possible.

bj-21.
Just tried and it's possible YUL-ATL for 15,000 mi.
Old May 11, 2010, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by YUL_Around_The_World
I wonder why they would remove the list of destinations at 15,000 mi from the Aeroplan website ... Because I remember that they were some great deals such as YGR for 15,000 miles when a ticket is close to 1,000$ ...
The best deal that I can think of is YOW-YFB for 15K in Y ($1600) and 25K in J ($3100)

I have a YYZ-YOW-YFB ticket booked at 25K in J. My friend wanted to book the same itinerary and now AP wants 40K.

So previously, Ontario to Nunavut was short haul. Now, only Ottawa to Nunavut is considered short haul. Other places in Ontario to Nunavut is now considered long haul. So AP sneakily changed the rule on us!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:51 am

Programs: A3*G, AT Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jarusoba
The best deal that I can think of is YOW-YFB for 15K in Y ($1600) and 25K in J ($3100)

I have a YYZ-YOW-YFB ticket booked at 25K in J. My friend wanted to book the same itinerary and now AP wants 40K.

So previously, Ontario to Nunavut was short haul. Now, only Ottawa to Nunavut is considered short haul. Other places in Ontario to Nunavut is now considered long haul. So AP sneakily changed the rule on us!
Any idea if it's 15K in Y to all of Nunavut (i.e., with 7F or 5T) from YOW, or only YOW-YFB?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by jonnyow
Any idea if it's 15K in Y to all of Nunavut (i.e., with 7F or 5T) from YOW, or only YOW-YFB?
Only YOW-YFB on 7F, 5T, or AC(QK)

Before, it was from All of Ontario to YFB only.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
YUL to anywhere in Atlantic provinces is also 15,000 in Y / 25,000 in J. YUL - YYT is a good deal at that amount (IMO).
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Originally Posted by jarusoba

Not true. When I did it in 2002, the short haul chart said specifically only from YOW. And only to YFB. Anything beyond on either end bumped it up to 25K.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Bump from the past ... Is there an updated short-haul award chart?

My instinct short haul =
* < 500mi
* next province/state over
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:27 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
https://www4.aeroplan.com/use-your-m...ulCurrentTitle

Scroll down to the bottom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.