Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

will aeroplan allow you to hold a award ticket for a few days?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

will aeroplan allow you to hold an award ticket booking for a couple of days or does it immediately have to be ticketed over phone? I know CO, DL will allow about 3 days to hold a ticket, so you can transfer points from amex into your account.

If so, what is the max amount of days can a booking be held for before ticketing?

Are you allowed to make changes to reward booking without penalty up until 21 days prior like Continental allows?

thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
will aeroplan allow you to hold an award ticket booking for a couple of days or does it immediately have to be ticketed over phone? I know CO, DL will allow about 3 days to hold a ticket, so you can transfer points from amex into your account.

If so, what is the max amount of days can a booking be held for before ticketing?

Are you allowed to make changes to reward booking without penalty up until 21 days prior like Continental allows?

thanks.
No holds / $90 changes.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: AE
Originally Posted by globaltrotter
...so you can transfer points from amex into your account.
Transfer of Amex points to Aeroplan is instantaneous.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by getaround
No holds / $90 changes.
One exception (unless things have changed).

When booking a SA award online taxes may need to be calculated manually and they'll give you ~ 24hrs to call in to complete your booking (and pay). If you don't call them your reservation is cancelled. Points are only removed from your account once ticketed.

One of the very few upsides to AP is that there is no fee for last minute bookings so if you're not certain, you may wish to wait (though you do risk loosing the seat you want).

Also, if you need to make a change, always check to see if they've made any chages to your reservations (i.e. changed your flight times).

My past experience with AC is nearly any ticket booked 6 months out or greater will have a change of some sort applied to either the outbound or return. AC has always agreed to refund my account without penalty when I advised the new times no longer worked.

Just remember, AP requires 21 day notce to refund failing which you will need to pay twice to have points refunded. Once to move out your departure date and again to cancel the ticket.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.