FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   TP flight LHR-GIG on fare P? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1038745-tp-flight-lhr-gig-fare-p.html)

timj010 Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am

TP flight LHR-GIG on fare P?

ITA shows a LHR-GIG TP flight on booking code PARADISE -> fare P, checking the AP website there is no mention how many miles P-cabin earns. Any ideas?

DaveTO Jan 12, 2010 10:25 am

No mention usually means no miles :(

timj010 Jan 12, 2010 11:00 am

If that is the case, shouldn't that be explicated somewhere in the Conditions of Service or similar? If not, shouldn't than the general statement that AP members get miles for *A flights take precedence?

jjclancy Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

Credit to CO, where P earns 50%.

aiminghigherYVR Jan 12, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't know why the aeroplan website states "All scheduled flights operated by TAP Portugal are eligible" and then they exclude a, or a number of booking codes. They describe it this way with almost all their airline partners. That's seems pretty misleading to me if, for example, you don't actually get and miles for P booking class on Tap. I was thinking the same thing the other day when trying to find out if U booking code earns miles on TK which isn't listed but "All scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines are eligible". Still don't know. Confusing.

timj010 Jan 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks, but I don't think I can do much good with having 7k miles lying around on a CO account... then again it's better than nothing =).

cl.lurker Jan 12, 2010 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by DaveTO (Post 13165814)
No mention usually means no miles :(

Weird... I hope not.... I just booked a JJ ticket (codeshare, on AC metal), EWR-YYZ-GRU RT, and the fare was also P (PD50USB, to be exact...), on first and executive first.

Does that mean I earn no miles on UA, whatsoever??:confused::td:

ChrisA330 Jan 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by aiminghigherYVR (Post 13166721)
I don't know why the aeroplan website states "All scheduled flights operated by TAP Portugal are eligible" and then they exclude a, or a number of booking codes. They describe it this way with almost all their airline partners. That's seems pretty misleading to me if, for example, you don't actually get and miles for P booking class on Tap. I was thinking the same thing the other day when trying to find out if U booking code earns miles on TK which isn't listed but "All scheduled flights operated by Turkish Airlines are eligible". Still don't know. Confusing.

Flights and fare classes are completly different. All flights operated by TP are eligible, but not necessarily all fare classes.

ChrisA330 Jan 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by cl.lurker (Post 13168500)
Weird... I hope not.... I just booked a JJ ticket (codeshare, on AC metal), EWR-YYZ-GRU RT, and the fare was also P (PD50USB, to be exact...), on first and executive first.

Does that mean I earn no miles on UA, whatsoever??:confused::td:

You need to worry about your fare class on the operating carrier. Doesn't about other airlines that aren't on your itinerary.

In your case if it's an Executive First fare, you'll earn miles.

aiminghigherYVR Jan 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisA330 (Post 13168529)
Flights and fare classes are completly different. All flights operated by TP are eligible, but not necessarily all fare classes.

Right. Of course! Now I feel like an idiot. Ugh.