Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 - Biz Class Alone

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Quiet comfort 25s
There was a religious war thread somewhere here regarding which products/technologies were better....
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I'm trying to find a picture of the 777 J mini cabin (rows 9/10/11) ... I know there have been pictures posted before, but I can't find any now (at least, not of the current seats).

Specifically I'm trying to tell if the bulkhead seat in the mini cabin (9A) has a full set of windows ... does anyone know/recall/have pictures?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm trying to find a picture of the 777 J mini cabin (rows 9/10/11) ... I know there have been pictures posted before, but I can't find any now (at least, not of the current seats).

Specifically I'm trying to tell if the bulkhead seat in the mini cabin (9A) has a full set of windows ... does anyone know/recall/have pictures?
All rows in the back mini cabin have two windows for 773. Not quite sure for 772.

Oh wait, the seat maps on AC website show window locations pretty accurately for 777s.

Last edited by songsc; Jul 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm Reason: Add more stuff
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by songsc
All rows in the back mini cabin have two windows for 773. Not quite sure for 772.
Thanks

Oh wait, the seat maps on AC website show window locations pretty accurately for 777s.
I thought that too, I definitely recall seeing a seatmap with an indication where the windows were ... but I did check that before I posted, and the seatmaps I see now don't seem to have window locations showing. I'm wondering if the old maps are still online somewhere ... can you post a URL?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver

Could you share the link to the seat map please?

I was looking for my upcoming 772 flight.

I can't seem to find it on the fleet info page, nor on the seat preview page for booking.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver - UNITED SA Silver
Hi Any thoughts on the 77W seat 1K ? I'll be flying in there LHR to YYZ next month.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:50 am

I thought that too, I definitely recall seeing a seatmap with an indication where the windows were ... but I did check that before I posted, and the seatmaps I see now don't seem to have window locations showing. I'm wondering if the old maps are still online somewhere ... can you post a URL?

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Could you share the link to the seat map please?

I was looking for my upcoming 772 flight.

I can't seem to find it on the fleet info page, nor on the seat preview page for booking.
Looks like AC updated its seat map and the new version doesn't show windows. But thanks to the way back machine:

772: https://web.archive.org/web/20160101...fleet/77L.html

773: https://web.archive.org/web/20160101...fleet/77W.html
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by alphaklg
Hi Any thoughts on the 77W seat 1K ? I'll be flying in there LHR to YYZ next month.
1K is a pretty standard J seat, there is no missing window or anything. Can't think of any cons. As for pros, it is the first row, so you will be served first, and if they use the front door, you can deplane quickly but that's only gonna save you 30 seconds or so. Personally I like that no one sits in front of me.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:55 am

Looks like AC updated its seat map and the new version doesn't show windows. But thanks to the way back machine:

772: https://web.archive.org/web/20160101...fleet/77L.html

773: https://web.archive.org/web/20160101...fleet/77W.html
That's great, thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:58 am

1K is a pretty standard J seat, there is no missing window or anything. Can't think of any cons. As for pros, it is the first row, so you will be served first, and if they use the front door, you can deplane quickly but that's only gonna save you 30 seconds or so. Personally I like that no one sits in front of me.
The key pro of 1A/K for me (and I think/hope this also applies to 9A/K) is that with no seat in front of you, your feet are just in the open, and not in a box. This makes a huge difference to me, as it means I can easily turn over while I'm lying down - the other seats, with your feet in a box, are much more restrictive.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
The key pro of 1A/K for me (and I think/hope this also applies to 9A/K) is that with no seat in front of you, your feet are just in the open, and not in a box. This makes a huge difference to me, as it means I can easily turn over while I'm lying down - the other seats, with your feet in a box, are much more restrictive.
Thanks for the heads up.

For my upcoming flights on 77L's, I just changed my seats to 1A/K.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:46 pm

Aren't you annoyed by noise and stuff going on in the galley just ahead of you?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by alphaklg
Aren't you annoyed by noise and stuff going on in the galley just ahead of you?
I'm not. I have noise cancelling headphones ... and the activity doesn't bother me.

Others may have different sensitivities.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:25 am

I'll stick with 1K on the way to Toronto and 2A from Vancouver to London
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:08 am

One downside with 1A/K is that the overhead bins above are usually pre occupied with things like head phones, amenity kits, etc, which means there is pretty much no bin space for row 1.

There was one time I boarded somewhat late and i had to put my stuff above row 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.