FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1034808-heads-up-ridiculous-hold-times-air-canada-reservations.html)

rankourabu Mar 6, 2019 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer (Post 30856274)
If I didn't know better I might think there was a problem with on hold times.

But I think the more important question is why all these callers are causing the long wait times.

I think it's because of Canadian winter, and also the airports are causing it.

PointWeasel Mar 6, 2019 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by KenHamer (Post 30856274)
If I didn't know better I might think there was a problem with on hold times.

But I think the more important question is why all these callers are causing the long wait times.

I can thing of a dozen things that the website and app cannot do that require agent support.

And a Priority Line will 45 min hold times is a misnomer to me.

KenHamer Mar 6, 2019 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 30856395)
I can thing of a dozen things that the website and app cannot do that require agent support.

So if people stop using the website and app call times should be signicicantly reduced.

canadiancow Mar 6, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by PointWeasel (Post 30856395)

And a Priority Line will 45 min hold times is a misnomer to me.

A while back, I called the SE line, and it quoted something like 30 minute waits. I almost hung up. They picked up with 15 seconds.

yyznomad Mar 6, 2019 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 30856772)
A while back, I called the SE line, and it quoted something like 30 minute waits. I almost hung up. They picked up with 15 seconds.

They don't tailor the automated messages to match the status of the pax calling in. It all goes to the same same. But you knew that already.

But being a relatively new E75K, I can tell you that there is a marked difference between that and S100K service levels... so a 30 minute wait for E50/E75 is not unusual.

YYT82 Mar 6, 2019 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30856800)
They don't tailor the automated messages to match the status of the pax calling in. It all goes to the same same. But you knew that already.

But being a relatively new E75K, I can tell you that there is a marked difference between that and S100K service levels... so a 30 minute wait for E50/E75 is not unusual.

Whoa, what happened? You didn't make SE and got dropped to 2MM status only?

yvr76 Mar 6, 2019 8:59 pm

Outside of changing a ticket, main reasons I call:
  • get a codeshared PNR
  • link two PNRs / split a PNR
  • cancel an upgrade
The first they've actually added to the web site itineraries now, which is great. The second might be a bit confusing to offer on the web site to non-FFs. The third I believe they don't do in case your original fare class isn't available, but they should just allow you do it if it is, and have you call in otherwise.

yyckerr Mar 6, 2019 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30856800)

I called tonight, and am also a new E75K and I had zero wait and the agent answered “Super Elite 100K”

yyznomad Mar 7, 2019 7:14 am

Originally Posted by yyckerr (Post 30857138)

I called tonight, and am also a new E75K and I had zero wait and the agent answered “Super Elite 100K”

Sure, but my point was that longer waits for the lower levels is not uncommon; wasn't saying this happens all the time for us E75/E50K-ers. :)

yyckerr Mar 7, 2019 7:48 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 30858182)
Sure, but my point was that longer waits for the lower levels is not uncommon; wasn't saying this happens all the time for us E75/E50K-ers. :)

I was just surprised that I got access to that phone line!

Or was AC just teasing me like they like to do

canadiancow Mar 7, 2019 8:07 am

Now I know why I have to wait sometimes. They let the SE agents talk to the commoners :p

Sopwith Mar 10, 2019 11:13 am

Memo to Michael Tremblay:

Instead of spending your time recording inane and redundant messages telling us something we already know (i.e. you haven't got enough people on duty to answer the number of calls coming in), why don't you spend your time hiring more people and anticipating the need as weather events are forecast? :mad:

Just waited 43 minutes on the E line. Agent put me on hold to check something then managed to disconnect :mad::mad::mad:!!!

canadiancow Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am

I was on hold for the concierge to move my flight due to a cancellation and weather waiver. After 10 minutes, I decided to try the online rebooking tool, which I assumed wouldn't work.

I was in Standard G, upgraded to R. The tool kept me in R even though the flight I wanted was only J1.

I guess I'm part of the problem with hold times, because I've just grown accustomed to the self-service tools not working.

Sopwith Mar 10, 2019 11:54 am

Just waited another 40 minutes, same thing happened ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

24left Mar 10, 2019 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sopwith (Post 30869567)
Just waited another 40 minutes, same thing happened ! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

@Sopwith
Small bit of advice and likely too late but.....
Whenever I call either AC or Aeroplan and they have to put me on hold to check with someone else, their help desk or rates' department, I say, can you please take my number should we get disconnected. I sometimes do the same right at the start of a call. I assume they will be professional about it and call back. And I always ask for the agent's name..