Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC
... My guess is they turn the Elite number off overnight due to lack of staff and we are in the general cue ...
I called early today on the general reservations line and queue time was estimated to be 30 minutes or something like that.... I kooked up the Elite contact number on the aeroplan site since I didn't have my card with me(Your Aeroplan -> Air Canada Top Tier -> Priority Contacts: contacts us for the pop-up). It listed some hours along with the phone number. Got through almost immediately after I went throught the various phone prompt menus.

Air Canada Elite Priority Contacts

Phone: 7 days a week, 7 a.m. - 12 a.m. (EST)

You have priority access to our agents for a variety of Air Canada and Aeroplan travel services—at the Elite Priority Contacts below
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by LGAflyer
Had similar experience Thurs night at 11pm EST. Called 2009 Elite Reservations line and the "computer" told me that estimated wait time is greater than 45min. Can anyone confirm if the 2009 Elite numbers still work?
The 2009 numbers do still work, to answer my own question. Must be that they turn them off overnight. Called twice today and twice was picked up within 1min. Elite coming through for me in the clutch!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Originally Posted by WesternGuy
Air Canada Elite Priority Contacts

Phone: 7 days a week, 7 a.m. - 12 a.m. (EST)

You have priority access to our agents for a variety of Air Canada and Aeroplan travel services—at the Elite Priority Contacts below
After my long night on hold, called today and got through in 1min. I had now idea the Elite number stopped working after 12am. What do other FTer's do to call in for an upgrade when the 12am window opens. I thought I would be good and follow the rules, but do some just call a little ahead?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 7:30 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TVTravels
After my long night on hold, called today and got through in 1min. I had now idea the Elite number stopped working after 12am. What do other FTer's do to call in for an upgrade when the 12am window opens. I thought I would be good and follow the rules, but do some just call a little ahead?
Always call in early... Usually successful!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Virgin, Starwood, RBC Awards, Air Miles, OneWorld
Hey,

I called the other night at midnight, EST, and the wait was 56 minutes. Garf!

PS
Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by TVTravels
You can request the upgrade online, through the aircanada.ca (com) web site - and go to your booking reference number, and follow the menu steps for upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
You can request the upgrade online, through the aircanada.ca (com) web site - and go to your booking reference number, and follow the menu steps for upgrade.
Can we upgrade online even when using a non-Canadian ISP? I haven't tried before, having always called in but this would work better for me since I abhor making phone calls.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
That's easier said than done... Only works for Aircanada.com bookings and even then it's spotty, most of the times it returns an error message that doesn't let the booking be modified.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by KathrynInCanada
Can we upgrade online even when using a non-Canadian ISP? I haven't tried before, having always called in but this would work better for me since I abhor making phone calls.
I do not see how the source/location of the internet service provider should make a difference with the ability to book online - as long you have access to the aircanada.com/ca web site, you should be able to request the upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
That's easier said than done... Only works for Aircanada.com bookings and even then it's spotty, most of the times it returns an error message that doesn't let the booking be modified.
If it is an aircanada. com booking, it will have under your bookings list(if you login with your Aeroplan number and password), the reference number(s). It will however not have the list of non aircanada.com bookings - however, you can manually enter your reference number for such a booking, and you would be able to access your booking, with the ability to upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
If it is an aircanada. com booking, it will have under your bookings list(if you login with your Aeroplan number and password), the reference number(s). It will however not have the list of non aircanada.com bookings - however, you can manually enter your reference number for such a booking, and you would be able to access your booking, with the ability to upgrade.
Technically, perhaps but practically I've never been able to use this feature anytime I've booked through AC Reservations as it shows up with a red warning on the top that says you can't modify the booking online.

I do a fair bit of bookings through phone agents and this has been the case each and every time.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:40 pm

hmm.. I called the elite (514) line from Tokyo for an upgrade and the call only took me 3 minutes total with a very friendly and knowledgeable agent! (it was 10am 1/9 in Montreal = 12am 1/10 Tokyo)

Last edited by NRTbound; Jan 15, 2010 at 12:41 pm Reason: esl
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:48 pm
QNX

Makes me love the SE line, never had to wait for more than 2 min .. !
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
The best strategy when traveling is to get Skype and free call the 1-800 number... Any hold time is OK - cause you browse the web and the call's free!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 8:44 pm

I have never heard of the elite number being turned off at any time of the day. If you are waiting really long on the overnight it's because there are way more calls waiting than there are agents to answer the calls. Once the non 24 hour offices close, there may be 10 agents left for the overnight shift.

As for the date the 2009 numbers are cancelled. They will be valid til Feb 28/10

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.