Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heads Up: Ridiculous Hold Times for Air Canada Reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Not exactly a new development, is it now? But it gave you the opportunity to do some preaching ...
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I was successful in doing an U/G 3 hours before the technical time. Hurray!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by pkeung
Found this while thread while I was waiting on the phone... for 45mins. I was 20mins in before I even thought of the Priority Line so I figured just to wait then hang up and phone back. After I was done the agent even said "btw, do you know as an Elite member you have access to a priority line?".
I don't even know the regular number. Way easier to look at my Aeroplan card for the priority number than hunt around for the regular number.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:35 pm

Hmm I called New Years Eve and waited no more than 30 seconds on the E line.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:22 pm

I can explain a little bit of what caused such delay in phone answering. Major winter storm in Saint John New Brunswick starting Saturday afternoon and into the overnight. Left the overnight shift with only a couple of agents that managed to make it in to work. I know it doesn't help alleviate anyone's frustrations. I just hope it clarifies a bit of what happened.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:06 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by jlisi984
I was successful in doing an U/G 3 hours before the technical time. Hurray!
check out AC030 from Jan 3rd. Now, that's a real Hurray!

Yes, I'm on the flight.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RESGIRL
I can explain a little bit of what caused such delay in phone answering. Major winter storm in Saint John New Brunswick starting Saturday afternoon and into the overnight. Left the overnight shift with only a couple of agents that managed to make it in to work. I know it doesn't help alleviate anyone's frustrations. I just hope it clarifies a bit of what happened.
Glad to see you around RESGIRL and thank you very much for the clarification, that actually makes a lot of sense.

It would be prudent that perhaps Air Canada maintain at least two physically separate locations for their call centers perhaps to avoid similar issues and other possible issues that could affect one location. Oh well, I guess we can dream, can't we?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by payam81
Glad to see you around RESGIRL and thank you very much for the clarification, that actually makes a lot of sense.

It would be prudent that perhaps Air Canada maintain at least two physically separate locations for their call centers perhaps to avoid similar issues and other possible issues that could affect one location. Oh well, I guess we can dream, can't we?
There are more then 2 AC call centers at different locations across the country.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by payam81

Or simply... a short a short announcement right up front explaining the circumstances for the delay would alleviate a lot of the long waiting time .....

Last edited by Yukonprince; Jan 4, 2010 at 10:17 am
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:13 am

Allow users to actually modify the bookings and such online without the continual error messages or blocked access and perhaps less folks would be calling?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Same thing for me today.

Originally Posted by NRTbound
Hmm I called New Years Eve and waited no more than 30 seconds on the E line.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
A whole minute on the SE line this morning after getting through all the filter questions. Saturday and Sunday were killer days with weather in New Brunswick, as noted, and also at secondary centres like Montreal and Toronto (Sunday morning). This would have reduced staff on hand to take calls, and increased calls from those forced to change bookings due to cancellations and delays. I figured my upgrade request could wait 24-hours. Too bad overseas upgrades can't be done online. This is the real problem AC has, but I can see the logic in restricting some forms of online changes as these result in fare changes, added fees and other matters the average person would not be expected to comprehend.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by roll-x
There are more then 2 AC call centers at different locations across the country.
Missing half (?) the staff at a key call centre will still have a major impact on the wait times.

As someone else suggested, an automated announcement explaining the situation would have done a world of good, with little cost to AC.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Or simply... a short a short announcement right up front explaining the circumstances for the delay would alleviate a lot of the long waiting time .....
Originally Posted by tomh009
Missing half (?) the staff at a key call centre will still have a major impact on the wait times.

As someone else suggested, an automated announcement explaining the situation would have done a world of good, with little cost to AC.
There was a message telling callers they were experiencing heavy call volume due to weather, however I for one did not have any choice but to stay on as I couldn't modify my res. online as it showed an error message and asked me to call the reservations line (not the web support). I suspect many others on the lines had no other choice...

Although at the end I got a very through and excellent agent to handle my multiple requests, had the fare gone up in the 3 days I was trying to reach AC, I would NOT have been a happy camper. I still intend to file a complaint with AC, however can't seem to get their email complaint form working so I've resorted to sending out a snail mail.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
They were just swamped due to bad weather. My girlfriend flew home last night and her flight was delayed 3 hours. (Then when she got home, there was a huge snafu at the airport with luggage, and to top it off, loads of people arriving late and no cabs. She usually takes the subway home and gets home at 10; this time she took a cab and got home at 2:30.) I think reservations was just dealing with people having to rebook due to weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.