Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Which B767-300 routes do not have the sleeper seats?

Old Dec 18, 09, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

I couldn't find that information elsewhere, so maybe someone can give me a quick overview: which routes are flown by the three 767s that are not yet equipped with the lie flat seats?

Thanks
Old Dec 18, 09, 1:48 am

In the winter: Various HNL/OGG flights, flights to CUN and Caribbean (I believe they are AC Vacations flights as AC 18XX).

In the summer: YYZ/YUL-ATH, YYZ/YUL-BCN, YYZ-DUB
Old Dec 18, 09, 12:45 pm

Programs: FOTSG
Specifically, Fins 687, 689 and 690 (C-GHPD, C-GHPF and C-GHPH). Currently, all three are (or will be) in the West, operating YVR/YYC-HNL/OGG and YVR/YYC-CUN.
Old Dec 18, 09, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, 2MM, Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Jazzed69 View Post
Specifically, Fins 687, 689 and 690 (C-GHPD, C-GHPF and C-GHPH). Currently, all three are (or will be) in the West, operating YVR/YYC-HNL/OGG and YVR/YYC-CUN.
What are the plans for them to get refurbished?
Old Dec 18, 09, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Refurbished...

None in terms of XM.

They have been refurbished (new 24 J layout, 223 Y) and are intended for low yield sun (winter) and European (summer) schedules.
Old Dec 18, 09, 5:13 pm

Programs: Non-Rev Lifetime
http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/b767-300er.html
Old Jan 29, 10, 7:23 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR PLUS DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
YYZ-DUB

Looking to book the above in the summer - the direct flight (AC894).

Looks like a 762 configuration as expected (even though it says "763"), but cannot book "executive seats" - no opportunity to book executive first or even latitude for that matter. Also when logged in as a top-tier/elite member, it wont even allow me to choose those seats (rows 1-4 with 6 across) knowing that they are premier economy as like in the past few years; if you had E/SE status, you had access to these seats - no hassle. The new "comfort class" seating is not mentioned for this route either.

So what gives? Anyone knowledgeable of why?

Thanks,
PC
Old Jan 29, 10, 7:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy PE/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by patty canuck View Post
Looking to book the above in the summer - the direct flight (AC894).

Looks like a 762 configuration as expected (even though it says "763"), but cannot book "executive seats" - no opportunity to book executive first or even latitude for that matter. Also when logged in as a top-tier/elite member, it wont even allow me to choose those seats (rows 1-4 with 6 across) knowing that they are premier economy as like in the past few years; if you had E/SE status, you had access to these seats - no hassle. The new "comfort class" seating is not mentioned for this route either.

So what gives? Anyone knowledgeable of why?

Thanks,
PC
One of the 3 summer destinations operated by 767-300 non-XM'd aircraft. The 767-200's are all resting comfortably in the desert. Route doesn't offer Executive First and same service throughout the aircraft operating as 247Y. Thread currently running entitled "Comfort Plus" which outlines the details involving a surcharge for the bigger seat option.

www.aircanada.com
>home page
>What's New
>Comfort Plus Seats

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Jan 29, 10 at 7:43 pm
Old Jan 29, 10, 8:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by drumbo View Post
What are the plans for them to get refurbished?
these planes got a new lease on life they were going to be parked/sold/ or traded for parts.

These planes are perfect for the HNL market they have the range and domestic business class.
Or a person can fly WorstJet and stop for fuel in SFO and be on a narrow body aircraft [737] with gas tanks on their laps wating for the pilot to do mid air refueling.

Last edited by why fly; Jan 29, 10 at 9:00 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 29, 10, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
These planes are perfect for the HNL market they have the range and domestic business class.
Perfect? Perfect for you if you so feel. But as far as I am concerned, I would much prefer flying to Hawaii on a real XM plane.

Thinking of this, I guess I don't really need to go to Hawaii, so I might as well wait until the experience gets more comfortable until I go again.

(Not that I don't understand AC's rationale for using these birds on these routes, mind you.)
Old Jan 29, 10, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Perfect? Perfect for you if you so feel. But as far as I am concerned, I would much prefer flying to Hawaii on a real XM plane.

Thinking of this, I guess I don't really need to go to Hawaii, so I might as well wait until the experience gets more comfortable until I go again.

(Not that I don't understand AC's rationale for using these birds on these routes, mind you.)
XM 767 has 207 seats
Other 767 248 seats.
We both know why AC is using non XMed planes.

I think its perfect a wide body plane with domestic business class. Not that anyone has any options no US airlines that Im aware of has international J class to HNL.
I use UA from ORD and prefer the 10 hr flight from there rather than connection in YVR
Old Jan 29, 10, 9:33 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite , Hilton Honors
When I booked 763 flights in J on the YVR-VRA route, (AC1756/1757) I was told that it was "unlikely that the aircraft would be in the new layout" but also that "this could change".
Too bad because the outbound segment is an overnight flight.
Old Jan 30, 10, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by why fly View Post
XM 767 has 207 seats
Other 767 248 seats.
We both know why AC is using non XMed planes.

I think its perfect a wide body plane with domestic business class. Not that anyone has any options no US airlines that Im aware of has international J class to HNL.
I use UA from ORD and prefer the 10 hr flight from there rather than connection in YVR
I thought 2 of the planes got brand new seatsand the 3rd gor refurbished seats.

I could care less about pods to Hawaii; I think having a few wide bodies with domestic J for such routes is a good idea. I just wish they would have put the seatback AVOD on these planes. I recently decided to avoid Hawaii for an upcoming vacation due to high chance of lack of AVOD on AC.
Old Jan 30, 10, 7:18 am

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR PLUS DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD View Post
One of the 3 summer destinations operated by 767-300 non-XM'd aircraft. The 767-200's are all resting comfortably in the desert. Route doesn't offer Executive First and same service throughout the aircraft operating as 247Y. Thread currently running entitled "Comfort Plus" which outlines the details involving a surcharge for the bigger seat option.

www.aircanada.com
>home page
>What's New
>Comfort Plus Seats
Thanks, just wanted to confirm as on the comfort seat page when I looked prior to writing this said specific mention of Barcelona and Athens, but not Dublin on the end page - sorry missed the initial short versioned page prior.

If E/SE, will OPUPs be given if the back is full?
Old Jan 30, 10, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by patty canuck View Post
If E/SE, will OPUPs be given if the back is full?
Status pax are first in line for OPUPs on all flights when the back is full so why would this be any different?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: