Will Air Canada Revive Osaka KIX?

Old Oct 24, 2009, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Will Air Canada Revive Osaka KIX?

Hey guys

Recently I heard that Delta is opening up flights starting next year to Osaka via Seattle on a daily service which is awesome, however I would prefer to still use the former Air Canada daily service to Osaka via Vancouver which they cancelled.

Do you guys think there is a good chance they revive this route? It seems that the route is viable?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by MaHa
Hey guys

Recently I heard that Delta is opening up flights starting next year to Osaka via Seattle on a daily service which is awesome, however I would prefer to still use the former Air Canada daily service to Osaka via Vancouver which they cancelled.

Do you guys think there is a good chance they revive this route? It seems that the route is viable?
It was stopped a year ago and would have been announced by now if they were to use KIX again soon...so far in 2009 -- no chance.
NRT-YYZ will remain during winter so AC expects passngrs to do a KIX-Haneda and bus it to NRT and take the AC flight 4 or 2.
ICN was also cut and some other Asian cities. Seems they want to bring the flow through NRT.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:51 am

Programs: OnePass, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by travelblond
ICN was also cut and some other Asian cities. Seems they want to bring the flow through NRT.
Since when was ICN cut?

I was on that flight a week and a half ago.

Max
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Max007
Since when was ICN cut?

I was on that flight a week and a half ago.

Max
No longer daily "cut back"
Old Oct 25, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by travelblond
NRT-YYZ will remain during winter so AC expects passngrs to do a KIX-Haneda and bus it to NRT and take the AC flight 4 or 2.
ITM-NRT directly on NH (Q miles posted) and connect to AC 2 is an option in lieu of KIX. Booked through AC as part of a RT that included YYZ-NRT.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Calli
ITM-NRT directly on NH (Q miles posted) and connect to AC 2 is an option in lieu of KIX. Booked through AC as part of a RT that included YYZ-NRT.
Note that AC pulled out of KIX a year ago as fees are too high at KIX and loads were too low.
KIX is known more as "cargo haul" money maker as other carriers that fly to both NRT and KIX find they can not get the loads (passengers) from KIX.
Example is AY.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
ASC had problems with YYZ-NRt loads also it was cut for the winter last year. Bad economy and so many airlines flying nonstop to asia has cut the need to stop in NRT>

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.