Wiki Posts
Search

Sobeys Points Deals

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E
Sobeys Points Deals

Sobeys has some really good points deals on now, as its their birthday or something.

For example, I bought whole bunch of ice cream 3.98 each usually its over $6 each and for each one you get 75 sobeys points.

You can do the math, but in the past few days just with buying groceries and loading up on the ice cream and microwave dinners I was able to add a few thousand points to my Aeroplan, which worked out to a very good dollar cost per point deal.

If you haven't been in Sobeys for a while you should check it out.

Plus they give you coupons for more birthday bonus points

HSOLO
Old Sep 29, 2009, 5:17 pm

The best deal that I saw is on the Knorr stuff. You get 100 Sobeys points for every two purchased and the least expensive things that I saw are $1.29 (dry soup mix). Works out to about 5 cents a mile, not great but not bad.

The best time to buy Haagen Dasz is when Loblaws has their 3/$10 deals but no aeroplan points...
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Yeah they still have that deal on the Knorr now, i got some along with the ice cream and they have 1kg of ribs for $7.99 and you get 200 sobeys points
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hsolo
For example, I bought whole bunch of ice cream 3.98 each usually its over $6 each and for each one you get 75 sobeys points.
HSOLO
I'm dying just thinking about how long I'd have to spend on the treadmill burning off the Haagen Dazs
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hsolo

You can do the math, but in the past few days just with buying groceries and loading up on the ice cream and microwave dinners I was able to add a few thousand points to my Aeroplan, which worked out to a very good dollar cost per point deal.

HSOLO
How much did you buy?? To get a few thousand (2000?) AE points you would have to have 4000 Sobey's points!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:43 am
Original Poster

I think I have 15 boxes or so in my deep freezer, and along with other things like the Knorr, Cereal, Ribs, and regular weekly stuff like fruit, veggies, etc. I think this week because of all their bonus points deals I have got over 5000 Sobeys points

Here is Sept Aeroplan so far, there is some from yesterday not posted yet

Sep 27 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 1,254 --
Sep 25 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 761 --
Sep 24 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 6 --
Sep 23 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 7 --
Sep 11 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 197 --
Sep 10 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 6 --
Sep 5 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 325 --
Sep 3 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 348 --
Sep 2 SOBEYS POINTS CONVERSIONSOBEYS -- 6 --
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SensFan
The best deal that I saw is on the Knorr stuff. You get 100 Sobeys points for every two purchased and the least expensive things that I saw are $1.29 (dry soup mix). Works out to about 5 cents a mile, not great but not bad.

The best time to buy Haagen Dasz is when Loblaws has their 3/$10 deals but no aeroplan points...
Even better if you use the $1 off coupon (for every 2 Knorr products purchased) that they were displaying in the soup aisle^ That means 50 AP for a grand total of $1.58, approx. 3 cents per AP

Best deal I could find in the store...
Old Oct 1, 2009, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by epost77
Even better if you use the $1 off coupon (for every 2 Knorr products purchased) that they were displaying in the soup aisle^ That means 50 AP for a grand total of $1.58, approx. 3 cents per AP

How did I miss those coupons! Must resist...
Old Oct 3, 2009, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by epost77

Thanks for that awesome tip! ^ Searched for and found the $1 coupons at the Knorr sampling station! But your math is wrong. As noted by Sensfan, you actually get 100 AP miles for the purchase of 2 Knorr products, so works out to 1.5 cpm. That's way cheaper than what you would pay AC to buy miles (3 cpm) plus you get to take home soup!

I love this whole Sobey's birthday promo! I am just racking up the miles! I've received quite a few of the 50 mile game tickets (even though most of them are 25s), and today I won a package of Europe's Best frozen fruit. At $7/pkg, I guess it's worth more than 50 AP miles.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thanks for that awesome tip! ^ Searched for and found the $1 coupons at the Knorr sampling station! But your math is wrong. As noted by Sensfan, you actually get 100 AP miles for the purchase of 2 Knorr products, so works out to 1.5 cpm. That's way cheaper than what you would pay AC to buy miles (3 cpm) plus you get to take home soup!

I love this whole Sobey's birthday promo! I am just racking up the miles! I've received quite a few of the 50 mile game tickets (even though most of them are 25s), and today I won a package of Europe's Best frozen fruit. At $7/pkg, I guess it's worth more than 50 AP miles.
Hmmm, my math is the same as epost's. The soup gave 100 Sobey's points which turns into 50 AP points. Or are you holding out a double point coupon or something that you found on the Tropicana on the back shelf!
Old Oct 3, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh you're right. Forgot that 2 Sobey's points = 1 AP mile. Mea culpa.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Mentioning the Sobey's birthday promo has me all frizzled up ... won 500 sobeys points the other day. I know thats 250 aeroplan miles but still.. all is going to be good to know I can contribute to my AP balance!

Sanosuke!
Old Oct 22, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
This Fri, Sat, and Sun, Sobeys is offering 3x points if you spend > $60.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tangoer
This Fri, Sat, and Sun, Sobeys is offering 3x points if you spend > $60.
Depending on how much you normally spend in a shopping spree, it may be far more lucrative to do multiple small buys. (I find it very difficult to spend $60 at one time.) The triple points will give you an extra 120 Sobey's points assuming a $60 shop.

This morning, I bought 3 small items individually ($3.20, $1.20 and $1.10) and used 3 game tickets for 50, 50 and 25 points, so got 130 points for just over $5 (125 bonus + 5 pts for my spend). Yes, I had to go to the cash 3 times, but it wasn't busy at my Sobeys this morning. Guess it all depends on how much patience you have.

BTW, T&Cs say max of 5 tickets per account per day.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan
My Sobey's is now out of the game tickets. Rats!! Did put in 4x25 today..only got a 50 once and the rest were 25's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.