Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Is the bus ride from George to CPT scenic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

I would like to travel along the garden route, would taking a public bus ride by Translux from George to CPT be scenic?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 1:20 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I would like to travel along the garden route, would taking a public bus ride by Translux from George to CPT be scenic?
I would not call that bit of the garden route scenic. The best part is between PE and George, especially Natures Valley to George.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: Free at last!
Originally Posted by UA Fan
1. If you want to slum it, you take Greyhound or City To City. Otherwise, stick to InterCape as your preferred inter city bus company in S.A.. Translux often swaps out coaches with City To City.

2. That said, the only scenic variation I can think of between George and Cape Town for bus travel is taking the one departure on Translux that goes from George to Swellendam, cuts inland to Worcester and then proceeds into Cape Town, but it is only a marginal gain!

3. Driving from George to Cape Town, the R 62 route via Oudtshoorn, Barrydale and Montagu is much more than scenic than the N2 route. Unfortunately there are no scheduled bus services along the R 62 and only highly irregular "taxi" service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.