Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Solo South Africa (Big 5 and Wine) this fall- Possible extras ie. Victoria Falls

Solo South Africa (Big 5 and Wine) this fall- Possible extras ie. Victoria Falls

Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:55 pm

Looking for a bit of advice on a few really top end vineyards to visit?

Visiting Stellenbosch for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon (actually been to SA before about 6 years ago).

We’ll do the wine train additionally. Also we’re not hiring a car, happy just to taxi/uber about.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by ScottishMan
Looking for a bit of advice on a few really top end vineyards to visit?

Visiting Stellenbosch for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon (actually been to SA before about 6 years ago).

We’ll do the wine train additionally. Also we’re not hiring a car, happy just to taxi/uber about.
We've been to the Tokara Wine and Olive Estate a couple of times. I've taken some of their limited release chenin blanc and limited release pinotage home with me. Both are excellent wines But IMO their best product is the potstill xo brandy. at ZAR 1100 (USD $60) it compares quite favorably with the better French XO cognacs.

On our tastings we get wines and the brandy and they also serve olives, cheeses and crusty bread to taste there special olive oils.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.