Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]

South Africa - entry restrictions and rules [merged thread]

Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by tinkicker
I was there a few (three ish) weeks ago and other than the mass temperature scan port health weren't doing anything. No queues or no paperwork wanted and the passport person gave the quickest of glances at my proffered iPhone vaccine certificate.
It seems entirely random. My recent experiences (I usually fly in once a week) have mirrored yours, but occasionally they are either no passport control officers, or overbearing port health people, random other people misdirecting tourists etc etc.
HGOLI likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Ah, I missed that part. Was worried this was still an ongoing issue. We're entering SA in a month and our plan is to
a) have a QR code with our vaccine passport, and if that's not recognized (Smart Health),

b) we both got COVID two weeks ago (after dodging it for 2 years...), So I'll have recovery certificates as a backup (since that is within the 10-90 days pre-arrival as per your link)

​​​​​Either one of these should be enough to avoid any serious complications - sounds like a good plan?
So notwithstanding what the Gazette's current rules are, you're going to go with (a) I'm vaxed and my proof is good enough or (b) I had covid and my proof that I did (and recovered) is good enough? That's gonna really through them for a loop in a TIA sort of way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.