Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

From VFA to ARK or KIA: what are my options?

Old Feb 21, 20, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Recommendations?
Old Feb 24, 20, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Air Tanzania, from Lusaka or Harare.
Old Feb 25, 20, 5:54 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by seks View Post
Recommendations?
Did you mean KIA (Kaiapit - Papua New Guinea) or KMIA (MQP - Nelspruit)? If you meant KMIA, there is nonstop service from LVI in Zambia to MQP, but nothing from VFA except via JNB.

Last edited by cheltzel; Feb 25, 20 at 6:02 am
Old Feb 25, 20, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheltzel View Post
Did you mean KIA (Kaiapit - Papua New Guinea) or KMIA (MQP - Nelspruit)? If you meant KMIA, there is nonstop service from LVI in Zambia to MQP, but nothing from VFA except via JNB.
Sorry not KIA. JRO! Not sure why I have KIA in there.

Anyways, VFA to HRE on Air Zimbabwe on day 1. A nite in HRE. HRE-DAR-JRO on Air Tanzania on day 2. I don't see any other feasible options besides than taking Ethiopian or Kenya the long way.
Old Feb 25, 20, 5:28 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
Originally Posted by seks View Post
Sorry not KIA. JRO! Not sure why I have KIA in there.
I'm a simple man, Ark for Arusha - mostly domestic so KIA means Africa really nearby

KIA = Kilimanjaro International Airport.
So If no reward, or point at stake in your trip then select Air Tanzania via the brand new Terminal at Dar Es Salaam to Kilimanjaro from Harare. At least, you'll have a local story to talk about to your friends/family ...

Last edited by flying_blue_white_red; Feb 25, 20 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 3, 20, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Do you use google flights or ITA matrix? Searching VFA,LVI,BKK to ARK,JRO gives many odd routings with very short connections and with smaller airlines, but there are some routes that look plausible. Generally transiting between southern and eastern Africa is a pain, and I would prefer routings through JNB and NBO or ABB. I think it would be easiest to cross to Zambia and take LVI to NBO, overnight in NBO and take the short flight to Tanzania the next day or take one of the many coaches that run to Arusha town / Moshi. Also look at separate tickets getting yourself to Lusaka or Harare and then onward. That's far less risk (of flights not running / not running to time) than going through Harare imo.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: