Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Johannesburg for ~36 hours

Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

I am still combing long history of posts and trying to pick out info and tips, but I wonder if someone can point me to perhaps what I have missed so far or if there are suggestions for someone that is going to be here for this short of time, and want to see basic sightseeing/tourist things (Apartheid Museum, etc) Even if its general "say out of this area" or "this area is not too bad". Travel enough to know have to keep eye on my surroundings and such. But any tips or links or wiki you have are appreciated.
thanks
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rizrizriz
I am still combing long history of posts and trying to pick out info and tips, but I wonder if someone can point me to perhaps what I have missed so far or if there are suggestions for someone that is going to be here for this short of time, and want to see basic sightseeing/tourist things (Apartheid Museum, etc) Even if its general "say out of this area" or "this area is not too bad". Travel enough to know have to keep eye on my surroundings and such. But any tips or links or wiki you have are appreciated.
thanks
If safety is the over-riding concern, stay in Sandton and take guided tours where you want to go.
rizrizriz likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:18 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/08/t...annesburg.html
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I actually had found that yesterday also.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lhrsfo
If safety is the over-riding concern, stay in Sandton and take guided tours where you want to go.
Don't really have a over-riding concern of safety. While I don't want to stay in "the projects", I also don't need or would want to have "sparkling streets" that are cleaned every 12 hours or whatever.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Also, there is a Hop on Hop off bus now. So that is an easy way of getting to grips with the City and our History.
Personally, I have not used it, but heard good reports, so maybe give that a try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.