Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Travel to DRC and more...

Old Nov 6, 19, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Hello - I will be traveling to DRC to visit Virunga Park. The trip is two weeks but will only be in Virunga for 4 nights. We are looking for other things to visit and see. Any recommendations?

I’ve read the Rwenzori’s are worth hiking as well, thought about adding 5 days here as well.
Old Nov 12, 19, 4:45 am

Presumably you are coming in via Kinshasa? If so, Matadi is an interesting day trip westwards along the Congo River. There are some rapids to see and you can even visit the hotel Conrad used when writing Heart of Darkness. Are you checking out the gorillas in Virunga? Trekking Nyiragongo? Goma is well worth a few nights. Fascinating place. Also, you could visit Lola Ya Bonobo Sanctuary: LOLA YA BONOBO - Home
Old Nov 13, 19, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozymandias24 View Post
Presumably you are coming in via Kinshasa? If so, Matadi is an interesting day trip westwards along the Congo River. There are some rapids to see and you can even visit the hotel Conrad used when writing Heart of Darkness. Are you checking out the gorillas in Virunga? Trekking Nyiragongo? Goma is well worth a few nights. Fascinating place. Also, you could visit Lola Ya Bonobo Sanctuary: LOLA YA BONOBO - Home
Yep, doing the gorillas and trekking in Virunga. I’ll check out Matadi, thanks!

Search this Thread