Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Western Cape - October 2020

Old Nov 4, 19, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Just planning a trip for my wife and I in the Western Cape for October 2020, approx 2 weeks.

Any recommendations on where to stay, eat and visit would be greatly appreciated.

We have friends in Somerset West so will probably base ourselves there for at least 4-5 days.

We enjoy top quality food, wine, etc as well as proper local experiences. Not into hiking, and happy to rent a car a drive up to 5-6 hours in a day between the main stopover places. A short safari would be fun.

Budget wise for accommodation, we would be looking between 100-300 a night.
Old Nov 4, 19, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I can only offer my assorted Western Cape Trip Reports for your perusal, use the CPT18 link in my signature.

Heading there again in 14 days (huzzah!) but not driving ..: we have a regular driver to take us between locations (CPT-Hermanus- Franschhoek-Stellenbosch). We do idle, and just enjoy wine and food!

Last edited by T8191; Nov 4, 19 at 11:40 am
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been years since I was there, but the Lord Charles was a nice hotel in Somerset if you want a hotel night while there. Lots of good golf courses nearby. And I recommend hiring a driver to take you around to the various wine estates for tasting. Hiring a car and driving down to the Cape is fun.

Search this Thread