Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Equatorial Guinea/South Bioko Guides/Information

Old Aug 7, 19, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

There is an absolute dearth of information on Equatorial Guinea and I'm trying to piece together five days on my way to Cameroon. I've reached out to one company (Ruta 47) to arrange an itinerary to stay on the beach in South Bioko in a simple tent to view the sea turtle nesting and hike the area near Moaka. The itinerary was quite nice however the price was quite surprising. Does anyone have a company or local they can recommend, or is doing it solo an option?
Old Aug 8, 19, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
For that region, including Cameroon I have just used Airbnb and talked with the host and others upon arrival. Prices are best negotiated onsite. I am not sure a tent is a good idea with the potential of critters invading. I stayed in a raised beach hut near Kribi which was a great experience.
Old Sep 5, 19, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
For that region, including Cameroon I have just used Airbnb and talked with the host and others upon arrival. Prices are best negotiated onsite. I am not sure a tent is a good idea with the potential of critters invading. I stayed in a raised beach hut near Kribi which was a great experience.
Thanks for the information on Cameroon. I'll be staying at the Seafarer's Missions in Douala as a jumping off point as I'm going to be climbing Mt. Cameroon. Has Airbnb been useful to you on Bioko?
Old Sep 6, 19, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by dantorsiello View Post
Thanks for the information on Cameroon. I'll be staying at the Seafarer's Missions in Douala as a jumping off point as I'm going to be climbing Mt. Cameroon. Has Airbnb been useful to you on Bioko?
Never tried the Seafarer. Usually I use points to stay at Le Merdien/Pullman although I have tried a small hotel in town on Airbnb as well as a hotel in Deido. The Pullman or the very nice Hotel Sawa are close to the Equitorial Guinea consulate if you need services there. Sorry but I have never been to Bioko.

Search this Thread