FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Africa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa-459/)
-   -   Fly Royal Air Maroc (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1976984-fly-royal-air-maroc.html)

spachick Jul 6, 2019 8:48 am

Fly Royal Air Maroc

Ive read a lot of negative reviews about lost luggage (I never check, unexplained delays etc but has anyone flown Royal Air Maroc lately that had a different experience? Is it really that bad? I know they are under Qatar and formed under one of the major airline programs but I’m not interested in hearing all of that.
thinking about using them to fly from Casablanca to Accra (5 hours) vs TAP = 8-16 hours = 2 planes. Just recent 2019 experiences please,

Palal Jul 6, 2019 10:26 am

They're fine, but don't expect much. Relatively new planes (though the interiors aren't great, mediocre service average airport in CMN). TP isn't much better IMHO. Average, nothing to write home experience.

spachick Jul 6, 2019 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 31275401)
They're fine, but don't expect much. Relatively new planes (though the interiors aren't great, mediocre service average airport in CMN). TP isn't much better IMHO. Average, nothing to write home experience.

thanks for for such a quick response.

stimpy Jul 7, 2019 2:30 am

In my experience they are excellent in business class. Better than any euro airline, with the qualifier that I haven't flown lately. And in eco from Paris they served hot chicken. I'm a big fan. I would expect them to get even better with OW, but we'll see.

Palal Jul 7, 2019 3:48 am

I was also impressed by their J soft product (but that was late 2017)

spachick Jul 7, 2019 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 31277308)
In my experience they are excellent in business class. Better than any euro airline, with the qualifier that I haven't flown lately. And in eco from Paris they served hot chicken. I'm a big fan. I would expect them to get even better with OW, but we'll see.

thanks for this info.

Brandinho1 Jan 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Here is their new J product on their 787-9. Really good hard product, service was efficient, and I found the food to be good. No wifi and I was rebooked onto my connection that I could have still made outside of that I would fly them again. One nice thing is their “Euro Business” is more like domestic US F with comfy Recaro recliners 🙂.

WestCoastPDX Jan 16, 2020 5:35 am

Flew them this week, OXB-RAI on 737-800 (315am departure...)

Plane was fine, boarding was a bit messy. Interior was pretty worn as described above. 30 minute delay was never even mentioned. Classic :)

No issues and would certainly fly again.

Brandinho1 Jan 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by WestCoastPDX (Post 31957152)
Flew them this week, OXB-RAI on 737-800 (315am departure...)

Plane was fine, boarding was a bit messy. Interior was pretty worn as described above. 30 minute delay was never even mentioned. Classic :)

No issues and would certainly fly again.

uff killer departure haha

Brandinho1 Jan 17, 2020 6:22 pm

CMN-FCO 737-800 Business Class

IMO you can’t do better on a narrowbody going into Europe even outside of Europe going in. The old comfy seat.