Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Mozambique Visa on Arrival

Old Jul 4, 19, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC S100K

Later this year I will be flying to Nampula, Mozambique on South African Airways under a Canadian passport. I will be there to visit a friend who lives in Nampula. Does anyone have experience with the visa-on-arrival they offer? Has anyone had trouble with it? I am hoping for an easy entryÖ

(Due to circumstances and the lack of an embassy in Canada, I will not be able to get a visa in advance.)
Old Jul 4, 19, 4:19 am

Can't speak for Nampula airport specifically but VoA at land borders is a piece of cake. Just be careful about the exchange rate they sometimes claim is the "official" rate.
Old Jul 4, 19, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
Can't speak for Nampula airport specifically but VoA at land borders is a piece of cake. Just be careful about the exchange rate they sometimes claim is the "official" rate.
Duly noted. Thank you.

Has as anyone else had experience with the VoA?
Old Jul 4, 19, 9:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, ShebaMiles
Iíve had a friend who recently got a VoA (Canadian passport holder too) at Maputo without issue. Assume it would be similar at nampula.

As with many airport immigration facilities in the region, Iíd just make sure you have your return / onward flight details on hand, as well as your hotel / accommodation information and to have the fee available in USD.

Old Jul 4, 19, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b_magee View Post
Iíve had a friend who recently got a VoA (Canadian passport holder too) at Maputo without issue. Assume it would be similar at nampula.

As with many airport immigration facilities in the region, Iíd just make sure you have your return / onward flight details on hand, as well as your hotel / accommodation information and to have the fee available in USD.

Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 19, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Someone just told me I may need to bring a couple of passport photos to get a visa on arrival. That sounds unlikely to me and I don’t see the requirement anywhere online (though, to be honest, information is a bit hard to come by). Can anyone confirm or refute that?
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian View Post
Someone just told me I may need to bring a couple of passport photos to get a visa on arrival. That sounds unlikely to me and I donít see the requirement anywhere online (though, to be honest, information is a bit hard to come by). Can anyone confirm or refute that?
Hi
Is you are arriving at Maputo airport, than this is not needed. There is a small VoA desk (normally only with 1 officer) and after handing in your application form (and payment), you will be asked to stand at some place where they have a camera and take a photo of you.
At other airports/point of entry I am not sure. [the visa although single entry, does allow you to also cross the border into Swaziland (or whatever it is called today). At least for me there was no issues - although I did read that you might get asked for some "administration" fees]
Swaziland officers (you will need to drive between a no mans land to get to the other border) are friendly.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Old Jul 11, 19, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi
Is you are arriving at Maputo airport, than this is not needed. There is a small VoA desk (normally only with 1 officer) and after handing in your application form (and payment), you will be asked to stand at some place where they have a camera and take a photo of you.
At other airports/point of entry I am not sure. [the visa although single entry, does allow you to also cross the border into Swaziland (or whatever it is called today). At least for me there was no issues - although I did read that you might get asked for some "administration" fees]
Swaziland officers (you will need to drive between a no mans land to get to the other border) are friendly.

Cheers!

Cheers!
Thatís very helpful. Thank you. Iíll be flying into Nampula which I expect is similar.
Old Oct 4, 19, 5:20 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Is VoA still the Africa-standard $50?

Search this Thread