FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Africa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa-459/)
-   -   Mozambique Visa on Arrival (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1976729-mozambique-visa-arrival.html)

TheCanuckian Jul 4, 2019 4:11 am

Mozambique Visa on Arrival

Later this year I will be flying to Nampula, Mozambique on South African Airways under a Canadian passport. I will be there to visit a friend who lives in Nampula. Does anyone have experience with the visa-on-arrival they offer? Has anyone had trouble with it? I am hoping for an easy entry…

(Due to circumstances and the lack of an embassy in Canada, I will not be able to get a visa in advance.)

B747-437B Jul 4, 2019 4:19 am

Can't speak for Nampula airport specifically but VoA at land borders is a piece of cake. Just be careful about the exchange rate they sometimes claim is the "official" rate.

TheCanuckian Jul 4, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 31268361)
Can't speak for Nampula airport specifically but VoA at land borders is a piece of cake. Just be careful about the exchange rate they sometimes claim is the "official" rate.

Duly noted. Thank you.

Has as anyone else had experience with the VoA?

b_magee Jul 4, 2019 9:26 am

I’ve had a friend who recently got a VoA (Canadian passport holder too) at Maputo without issue. Assume it would be similar at nampula.

As with many airport immigration facilities in the region, I’d just make sure you have your return / onward flight details on hand, as well as your hotel / accommodation information and to have the fee available in USD.

TheCanuckian Jul 4, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by b_magee (Post 31269105)
I’ve had a friend who recently got a VoA (Canadian passport holder too) at Maputo without issue. Assume it would be similar at nampula.

As with many airport immigration facilities in the region, I’d just make sure you have your return / onward flight details on hand, as well as your hotel / accommodation information and to have the fee available in USD.

Thanks!

TheCanuckian Jul 11, 2019 3:56 am

Someone just told me I may need to bring a couple of passport photos to get a visa on arrival. That sounds unlikely to me and I don’t see the requirement anywhere online (though, to be honest, information is a bit hard to come by). Can anyone confirm or refute that?

nldogbert Jul 11, 2019 4:49 am

Originally Posted by TheCanuckian (Post 31291906)
Someone just told me I may need to bring a couple of passport photos to get a visa on arrival. That sounds unlikely to me and I don’t see the requirement anywhere online (though, to be honest, information is a bit hard to come by). Can anyone confirm or refute that?

Hi
Is you are arriving at Maputo airport, than this is not needed. There is a small VoA desk (normally only with 1 officer) and after handing in your application form (and payment), you will be asked to stand at some place where they have a camera and take a photo of you.
At other airports/point of entry I am not sure. [the visa although single entry, does allow you to also cross the border into Swaziland (or whatever it is called today). At least for me there was no issues - although I did read that you might get asked for some "administration" fees]
Swaziland officers (you will need to drive between a no mans land to get to the other border) are friendly.

Cheers!

Cheers!

TheCanuckian Jul 11, 2019 4:58 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 31292001)
Hi
Is you are arriving at Maputo airport, than this is not needed. There is a small VoA desk (normally only with 1 officer) and after handing in your application form (and payment), you will be asked to stand at some place where they have a camera and take a photo of you.
At other airports/point of entry I am not sure. [the visa although single entry, does allow you to also cross the border into Swaziland (or whatever it is called today). At least for me there was no issues - although I did read that you might get asked for some "administration" fees]
Swaziland officers (you will need to drive between a no mans land to get to the other border) are friendly.

Cheers!

Cheers!

That’s very helpful. Thank you. I’ll be flying into Nampula which I expect is similar.

Stewie Mac Oct 4, 2019 5:20 am

Is VoA still the Africa-standard $50?