FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Africa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa-459/)
-   -   Casablanca airport layover with toddler/baby (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1975425-casablanca-airport-layover-toddler-baby.html)

e.m.i.l.y Jun 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Casablanca airport layover with toddler/baby

Hi all, I’m wondering if anyone has experience with the ‘children’s play area’ listed as one of the amenities in the Casablanca Mohamed V airport? I’m travelling solo with my 2.5 year old and 7 month old children west Africa to US and considering an itinerary which had a 7 hour layover in Casablanca. Any advice? Are there baby changing facilities in the airport? Should I try to book the in-airport hotel for a few hours? Am I crazy to consider this?!

thanks
emily

Palal Jun 25, 2019 3:45 am

That's a lot of hours at that relatively small airport. I don't know about the children's play area, but I wouldn't spend 7 hours there. Either book a hotel or maybe take the train to the center and walk around with the kids for a couple of hours.

Stewie Mac Jun 25, 2019 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 31237102)
That's a lot of hours at that relatively small airport. I don't know about the children's play area, but I wouldn't spend 7 hours there. Either book a hotel or maybe take the train to the center and walk around with the kids for a couple of hours.

Palal - do you have kids? I wouldn't want to take a 2.5 year old (so mobile) and a 7 month old (so needing all of mom's attention) for a walk about Casa!

emily, I'm there this week so will try to find the kid's play area and report back. Depending on where in West Africa you've been, Casa is a pretty civilized airport, so it's not totally crazy.

e.m.i.l.y Jun 27, 2019 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac (Post 31237281)
Palal - do you have kids? I wouldn't want to take a 2.5 year old (so mobile) and a 7 month old (so needing all of mom's attention) for a walk about Casa!

emily, I'm there this week so will try to find the kid's play area and report back. Depending on where in West Africa you've been, Casa is a pretty civilized airport, so it's not totally crazy.

Hi Palal, I think you’re right it IS a lot of hours in a small airport...but I think getting into Casablanca with these two kiddos would be more trouble than it would be worth. In a few years though it would definitely be doable.

Stevie Mac yes you are explaining my situation exactly, it’s a challenging combination of ages! We’ve been in Sierra Leone the past while so are used to a degree of West African-ness :-). That’s very kind of you to offer to look at the facilities. I’m leaning more now towards an itinerary going through Europe, just slightly less daunting to undertake. But in the future I hope we could manage the RAM route, its less expensive and more efficient. So i’d be interested to see what you find, but don’t stress too much about it please! Thank you and safe travels.

emily

Stewie Mac Jun 28, 2019 4:38 pm

emily
I looked for but couldn't find the play area yesterday - I asked the information desk who said that it was in terminal 1, but to be honest I'm not actually sure how separate the two terminals are. Anyway, I was in the same area as gates for flights to JFK and BOS, and there was no play area there. It's a clean and modern building, but not very much to do. Certainly if the timings work then try it, but 7 hours is maybe a bit long...