Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Anyone done Togo, on business, recently?

Old Jun 17, 19, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue

Just wondering what the position is for visa on arrival, for the business traveller. On the face of it, it is possible, but Iíd prefer to hear of firsthand experience. I ask because Iíve been asked to travel at fairly short notice and might struggle to get a visa prior to arrival in good time. This is the most promising information Iíve seen:

Frequently Asked Questions: Togo Visa, Passport & Consular documents
Old Jun 18, 19, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
FYI, Togo consulate in London replied in the positive.
Old Jun 19, 19, 1:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Internaut, I transited Lome last year on the way to Abidjan, with an overnight stop on separate tickets. I honestly don't remember the details but for sure I got a visa on arrival and it was a totally straightforward process (if it wasn't, I'd have remembered...). I think that you should be okay.
Safe travels.
Internaut likes this.
Old Jun 20, 19, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Internaut, I transited Lome last year on the way to Abidjan, with an overnight stop on separate tickets. I honestly don't remember the details but for sure I got a visa on arrival and it was a totally straightforward process (if it wasn't, I'd have remembered...). I think that you should be okay.
Safe travels.
Thanks. I'm very much a details person but I'll take the fact you found it unmemorable as a good sign.
Old Jul 3, 19, 9:50 am
Original Poster

So, while I remember it all, a quick arrival report. You arrive at a nice, modern airport, connect to a jetway and walk into the terminal. Ensure you have a pen with you.
  1. Have your yellow fever card ready. Your yellow fever card to be in good condition. A fellow guest at the hotel had a slightly damaged card, so they took some money off him and jabbed him!
  2. Look out for a person with visa forms.
  3. Fill in the form.
  4. Go to the immigration desk that has Visa written on it in big, friendly letters.
  5. Hand over passport and form.
  6. This will be checked and you will then be asked to go to the desk to the right (same booth).
  7. Queue there until told to walk through (they'll call your name).
  8. Wait until they walk out with the stamped passports. In practice, you have time to collect your bag and buy a Togocell SIM card from the desk there.
  9. Take your stamped passport.
  10. Take your bags through to customs for a scan (they even wanted to scan my travel wallet.
  11. Walk out and get your transport.

Couldn't be easier. My customer dealt with getting my visa extended beyond 7 says. I just had to fill a form in and they handled the rest (I didn't need to go to the immigration office).
Old Jul 6, 19, 7:29 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
thanks for posting how things went!
Old Jul 6, 19, 10:31 am
Original Poster

No problem. Will review departure and gotchas when I get a minute. It’s a lovely, if a little limited, airport.

Search this Thread