Wiki Posts
Search

Morocco 9 Days Plan (October 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MARRIOTT TITANIUM / HILTON GOLD / UA SILVER / AMEX PLAT
Morocco 9 Days Plan (October 2019)

I was planning a trip to Morroco from Los Angeles, CA and wanted some advice about my itinerary. I would be over a total of nine days and cover three cities: Fez, Casablanca,and Marrakech. My plan is to fly into Spain from the States and take a cheaper plane to Fez. I have budgeted three days for every city but feel that I am not doing each city justice and just crossing places off a map. Further, I would enjoy a couple days by to pool to relax. Planning on guided tours as I can only speak English and Mandarin.

Should I cut back on the locations or just increase my vacation?
Old Apr 6, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
First of all, search this forum as there are many, many posts similar to your about Morocco.

My second point is what is enough time to discover a city? A year might not be enough. And you are not going to truly learn about the local culture if you can't speak either French or Arabic. So as a tourist I think 3 days is enough for each city. You will see the sights and get the flavor of each.

I would however lean more heavy on Fes instead of Casa. There isn't much for a tourist in Casablanca, but there is a lot to see and do in Fes. The Sofitel Marrakech has a great pool to enjoy for a day or two.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:35 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

We went to Marrakesh over the Christmas holiday with our family. All in all, it was a great and memorable family trip.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom house with full kitchen for about $40 a night, near town but not in the thick of it. The home owner, Abdul, ran a taxi and would take us and pick us up, plus would cook meals if you chose. We did a day trip to Essaouira and an overnight to the Sahara for the very touristy camel ride/Bedouin tent thing. That was fun in spite of the very long ride and being very kitschy. There are plenty of people selling day trips or the overnights, and they are easy to book and will pick you up at your hotel. One Italian guy was picked up by the tour company in Marrakesh, did the Sahara trip, and was dropped off in Fez. I know it took him a long time to get to Fez, but the travel was arranged by the tour company and he didn't have to double back.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Visit Marrakesh if youre visiting Morocco.

Youll probably be able to see everything in 3 days.
Old May 23, 2019, 6:47 am

Lucky

So you are lucky. Morocco it's amazing county where you will find sea, ocean and sahara. Country of Rainbow colors and nice people. Picy food and burn sun. So really Enjoy!
Old May 26, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL,EK
I would not spend 3 days in Casa. I was in Morocco for about 11 days this month and liked Fes the best. We were also in Marrakech, Rabat, Tangier, Casa, Meknes and Moulay Idriss.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Sky Team, Star Alliance
I would totally agree that you do not need 3 days in Casablanca! It is a large metropolitan city with constant congestion and not lot of attractions that are worth the entire 3 days. Use the time you save either for leisure or to increase your stay in Fez
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I did 5 nights/4 days in Fez, with a day trip to Meknes and the Roman ruins, and 4nights/4days in Marrakech with a day trip to the Atlas mountains.

Felt like I saw a lot. Had no desire to see Casablanca. Skip Casablanca and 9 nights will be perfect.

There is a hard to find airline Air Arabia, that flies between Fez and Marrakech. I don't think it flies daily, but plan accordingly. It was delayed but decent enough and a huge time saver.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Guys can anyone recommend a driver/guide that could take me and my family (wife and 18 month old son) from Casablanca to Fes, whilst stopping at Volubilis and Moulay Idriss along the way ?
Feel free to PM if you prefer that.
Cheers.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nizar
Guys can anyone recommend a driver/guide that could take me and my family (wife and 18 month old son) from Casablanca to Fes, whilst stopping at Volubilis and Moulay Idriss along the way ?
The simple answer is to stay at one of the finer hotels in Casa and ask the concierge to sort out a driver for you.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
The simple answer is to stay at one of the finer hotels in Casa and ask the concierge to sort out a driver for you.
Any other options besides FS ? I would like something more traditional/authentic and with a sense of place if possible but there don't seem to be many highly rated riads in Casa ?
Probably because it's a newer city without the history of say a fes or a marrakech ?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any other options besides FS ? I would like something more traditional/authentic and with a sense of place if possible but there don't seem to be many highly rated riads in Casa ?
Probably because it's a newer city without the history of say a fes or a marrakech ?
Yes the Royal Mansour is a historic luxury hotel in Casa. It used to be Le Meridien and I stayed there often. Real old world Maghreb luxury. I hope and expect it is still good.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes the Royal Mansour is a historic luxury hotel in Casa. It used to be Le Meridien and I stayed there often. Real old world Maghreb luxury. I hope and expect it is still good.
Oh wow I didn't realise that they have a Royal Mansour in Casablanca as well !
But yeah seems to be closed for renovations at the moment and can't see a reopening date.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: International Congress of World Wonders
I am with you on wanting to explore and discover the culture, but my drive is for nature through the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh wow I didn't realise that they have a Royal Mansour in Casablanca as well !
But yeah seems to be closed for renovations at the moment and can't see a reopening date.
Sorry I thought that was done a while ago. I guess the nearby Sheraton would be 2nd best. It has good reviews and Sheratons in Africa are generally very good, but I've not tried it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.