Wiki Posts
Search

DUR International to Domestic connection mins

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DUR International to Domestic connection mins

The newish BA flight has opened up some opportunities to connect while taking advantage of better availability than the directs to JNB. A combination of flight timings and schedule rules out flying other airlines for this trip.

is a 1h25 min international (BA) to domestic (SA) connection realistic, business class on both sectors? I have only flown domestic into/out of DUR but recall it being fairly compact and efficient. My hunch is that 30mins would be fine to clear immigration and collect bags giving a moderate contingency to get upstairs before domestic bag drop closes.

I guess if not it’s a 5 hour wait for the next flight, so a taxi to Umhlanga for an excellent breakfast at the Oyster Box.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:16 am

Why are your options only 1h30 and 5hrs? there are multiple flights every hour DUR-JNB/DUR-HLA.
I don't know the timing of the new BA flight, but unless it's scheduled as such that you have a chance of getting stuck behind the TK or EK flight, I would think 1h30 is more than plenty, as long as it is sold on the same ticket of course, I'm also assuming you have to collect your luggage and re-check
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It’s a Sunday am so there are only 2 SA flights with business class, the others are Mango. After some more thinking i’ve booked Airlink direct to MQP, extra $100 but avoids the drive from Jo,burg. However I will report back on the viability of the connection - BA arrives at 05:25 which is the first flight of the day and the international arrival is 6 hours later so I imagine formalities will be quick!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.