Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Cairo to Port Said overland travel time

Old Aug 14, 18, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level

Hi all!

I have an event in Port Said. The organizers will provide ground transportation from Cairo. It looks to me that Sharm El Sheikh is a much closer airport. How long will the ground transportation take? I would like to leave the event and go directly to the airport but donít know when I should schedule my flights.

Thanks to all!
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:21 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Port Said is definitely closer to Cairo than to Sharm. Google puts the drive time at 2.5 hrs.
Old Aug 28, 18, 6:07 am

Definitely use Cairo airport. The airport is at the right side of Cairo so it's actually a really easy journey to make. Typical travel time is around 2hrs 30 as already pointed out, although it can vary widely depending on vehicle and driver. I do this journey regularly in a car yet some of the large 55 seat buses go flying past without a care in the world

Which hotel are you staying at in PS? Standards there are pretty low and prices relatively high, yet the hotels are typically rather full so they have no incentive to improve I suppose

Search this Thread