Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Seychelles & Yellow fever

Old Aug 9, 18, 9:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

my mexican friend is having a hard time trying to find a place where he lives where he can get a yellow fever shot before a trip to Kenya followed by one to the Seychelles. He's supposed to have a proof of vaccination when entering the seychelles since he's coming from Kenya. Can people confirm that the yellow fever proof of vaccination is actually requested at entry to the seychelles when coming from Kenya?

Thanks much.
Old Aug 10, 18, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you look in this forum there is a huge thread about yellow fever certs. The reality is that you can be stopped at any airport at any time when flying to or through Africa. Maybe yes, maybe no. You may never know in advance. So you should always, always have one with you. And there are plenty of places in Mexico where you can get one, including at MEX, the international airport clinic.
Old Aug 10, 18, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I didn't know there was one in MEX, but that'll be too late he arrives in Nairobi 2 days later.
He's in Tijuana, and so far it's been impossible to find a clinic, and he cannot cross to the US.
Thanks for the information though, we'll try our best to find a shot before going!
Old Aug 10, 18, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I used google and in 5 seconds found that you can get a cert in Tijuana. Try entering vacuna fiebre amarilla tijuana
Old Aug 23, 18, 8:49 am
Original Poster

They're out of stock. I guess the only option is the MEX airport then. Thanks.

Search this Thread