Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Carrying 2 passports (Dual citizen)

Old Jul 31, 18, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)

Hi guys, is it legal in South Africa/Zimbabwe/Zambia to be carrying 2 Valid passports (Dual Citizen) or if their respective immigration finds out, I'm in deep trouble? Especially in the case of Zimbabwe
Old Aug 1, 18, 1:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by supatight80 View Post
Hi guys, is it legal in South Africa/Zimbabwe/Zambia to be carrying 2 Valid passports (Dual Citizen) or if their respective immigration finds out, I'm in deep trouble? Especially in the case of Zimbabwe
Are you looking to enter between those countries on different passports or enter South Africa on one and then all the others on a different one?
Old Aug 1, 18, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In Tajikistan? Or Peru? What will you be doing - crossing a border?
Old Aug 1, 18, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Ambassador (LTT)
Originally Posted by wijibintheair View Post

Are you looking to enter between those countries on different passports or enter South Africa on one and then all the others on a different one?
Use Canadian Passport to enter/leave South Africa. Use Philippine passport to enter/leave Zimbabwe/Zambia

Im pretty sure it is ok in South Africa I guess. But more worried with Zimbabwe what their policy is like considering they don't allow dual citizenship as far as I'm aware
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:28 am

None of those countries cares about you holding dual citizenship of OTHER countries. The laws are only concerned with their own citizens who may hold citizenship elsewhere.

You will be treated as a citizen of the country whose document you present to be granted entry. No need to wave your other passports around to cause confusion, but no need to lie about it if asked.
Old Aug 2, 18, 1:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Should be fine unless they look for the stamps and ask, then explain and show them. A friend exited South Africa via Buit Bridge land border to Zim on a Canadian passport then re-entered South Africa in an Italian one.
Old Aug 2, 18, 9:49 am

As others have said, you should have no problem doing that, and the airlines are also used to it - I have dual citizenship and will often present one passport to airline check in for the country I am travelling to and a different passport to the immigration counters.
Old Aug 2, 18, 10:00 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
No problem - just enter and exit using the same passport. Just remember that Zimbabwe has different prices for VOA. For example a British passport will cost more than a Swiss one - this happened to my then boss who accidentally took his British passport out of his jacket and when he tried to put it back and take out his Swiss one, the Immigration official was adamant that he entered on his British passport. Cost him more $$$
Old Aug 2, 18, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Thank you guys!
Yah that's why I prefer using my Philippine passport coz dual entry e-visa is 45$. Whereas Canadian Passport X2 single entry is 150$!
Old Aug 2, 18, 2:00 pm

As you are going to both Zimbabwe and Zambia consider the Kaza visa which allows you unlimited travel between the two countries for $50

Search this Thread