Chad/Zakouma Park

Old Jul 28, 18, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Chad/Zakouma Park

So a search for Zakouma on this forum turned up ZERO matches! I have been reading a lot about it recently and am very interested in visiting. Has anyone been and could they share their experience? Who you booked through, lodging, and general impressions? Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 18, 9:37 am

I've spent quite a bit of time in Chad/Tchad the past year, so I've seen the big advertising spends. I'm not there for the park/visitor stuff but if you have other questions...other than about Boko Haram... I would recommend that you confirm that you can obtain a visa, especially if you are an American. The diplomatic relations (on a practical level) have been rockier after the U.S. travel ban brouhaha, in my experience. I think my time in Chad is at an end. Onward.

Edited to note that the U.S. advises "reconsider travel" to would-be travelers on its State Department website. The U.K. advises against all but essential travel. If you want a safari, there are plenty of other choices in Africa.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Jul 30, 18 at 6:56 pm
Old Jul 31, 18, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Iím currently talking to a few safari operators and really looking for specific guide and lodging recommendations- Tinga Camp vs Camp Nomade.

Search this Thread