Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Morocco - will the LGV train be operating this year?

Old Jul 17, 18, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

The new high speed train from Marrakesh to Tangier was promised in 2015... then it was 2016... then definitely summer 2018 ... and now ABSOLUTELY November ... or December ... 2018.

Does anyone have any inside information into my chances of being on an LGV to Tangier in the first week of December this year?
Old Jul 18, 18, 9:13 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
"I'll believe it when I see it." is what I'm going with, although all my contacts at ONCF are saying it will run in December.
Old Jul 18, 18, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you! I am booked on a tour ending in Marrakesh on 2 December, then need to find my own way to Tangier. Would your advice be to just wait and see what happens? Presumably there is no way to book a ticket now? I guess the worst that can happen is that I end up on the slow train, which is not so bad (I don't have be in Tangier at any particular time)
Old Jul 19, 18, 7:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
It's unlikely you'll be able to book tickets before you get to Morocco anyway - I haven't seen this functionality on ONCF. if you're flexible time wise just take a wait and see approach. There's an overnight train between Marrakech and Tangier so if you need to be in Tangier that's one option that will be the after the LGV starts running

Search this Thread