Seychelles - Sufficient Funds Requirement

Old Jun 2, 18, 8:16 am
Original Poster
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
Seychelles - Sufficient Funds Requirement

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I will soon be travelling to The Seychelles and have been wondering how they will they enforce the "sufficient funds requirement" for a visitor's permit on arrival. With the USD150 requirement per night per person, bringing USD750 per person for 5 nights does not appear to be the most desirable option, especially given how I usually go cashless back in the UK.

Will recent bank statements for debit/credit cards along with the respective cards suffice in addition to a bit of cash (~USD330 per person for 5 nights)?

Thank you and kind regards,

ClubEurope
Old Jun 2, 18, 12:25 pm

We visited a couple years back and did not have to demonstrate any financial resources. Probably just bringing your on paper confirmations of place(s) you will stay, your flight itinerary showing that you will leave, and credit cards will be sufficient. We obtained local currency to spend from the ATM in the airport after clearing customs and immigration. If you bring foreign currency, euros are more common than US dollars.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 2, 18, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I’ve never had any issues with this sort of question, anywhere. I think as long as you have some cash (I recommend USD 500-1000*, if cards are routinely accepted; more if not) and have credit cards, then you should be fine.

* And for Africa, the greenback really is King.
Old Jun 2, 18, 6:06 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Thank you for the replies everyone! They are very helpful!

Originally Posted by Internaut View Post
Iíve never had any issues with this sort of question, anywhere. I think as long as you have some cash (I recommend USD 500-1000*, if cards are routinely accepted; more if not) and have credit cards, then you should be fine.

* And for Africa, the greenback really is King.
@Internaut, would you say USD500-1000 be for each person or two? Though USD500 x 2 is USD1000 anyways
Old Jun 3, 18, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Thank you for the replies everyone! They are very helpful!

@Internaut, would you say USD500-1000 be for each person or two? Though USD500 x 2 is USD1000 anyways
Several hundred dollars or euros in cash for use/conversion, with most charges put on bank cards? Works just fine if staying at a hotel resort and doing just about everything via the resort.

Showing a few credit/debit/bank cards and a bit of cash has worked for my travel party members in nearly all the places I can think of where they have been subject to a proof of sufficient funds for trip.
Old Jun 4, 18, 9:37 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Several hundred dollars or euros in cash for use/conversion, with most charges put on bank cards? Works just fine if staying at a hotel resort and doing just about everything via the resort.

Showing a few credit/debit/bank cards and a bit of cash has worked for my travel party members in nearly all the places I can think of where they have been subject to a proof of sufficient funds for trip.
Brilliant! Thanks @GUWonder!

Search this Thread