FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Africa (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa-459/)
-   -   Angola to Issue VOA | US and EU included (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1898361-angola-issue-voa-us-eu-included.html)

ChiefNWA Mar 12, 2018 8:59 am

Angola to Issue VOA | US and EU included

Interesting news for those interested in ever visiting Angola.

The European states of Northern Ireland, Iceland, Monaco, Norway, the UK, Russia, Switzerland and Vatican City will also benefit from the new Luanda visa rule.

American beneficiaries of the visa simplification process are Argentina, Canada, Chile, Cuba, the US, Uruguay and Venezuela.

The Middle East and Asian beneficiaries are Israel, the United Arab Emirates, China, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Japan, and Singapore.

The nationals of Australia, New Zealand and Timor-Leste will also be granted the Angolan visa on arrival.

The presidential decree, RNA added, will be in force from March 30.
Angola offers visa on arrival to nationals from 61 countries

Not seeing anything from official gov't sources though I suspect we may not until around the end of the month.

Palal Mar 12, 2018 10:39 am

Saw that one as well. Let's see how they implement it... somehow I don't see the number of tourists going up because of this though.

ChiefNWA Mar 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 29515097)
Saw that one as well. Let's see how they implement it... somehow I don't see the number of tourists going up because of this though.

I agree, I doubt it'll result in any huge influx of tourism. However, it's good news for us country counters! (that and the Saudi news) ;)

Palal Mar 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by ChiefNWA (Post 29516066)
I agree, I doubt it'll result in any huge influx of tourism. However, it's good news for us country counters! (that and the Saudi news) ;)

Transit visa was relatively easy to get and very cheap, so if you want to visit, it shouldn't be an issue.

ilcannone Mar 14, 2018 8:50 am

Thank god! One less visa to worry about!

cmoz Mar 25, 2018 11:42 am

So, on my trip LIS (Lisbon)-TMS (Sao Tome & Principe) via LAD (Luanda), I would need to go through the VOA process in order to transit to TMS? My layover is 3 hours 40 minutes.

ilcannone Mar 26, 2018 4:21 am

Originally Posted by cmoz (Post 29565138)
So, on my trip LIS (Lisbon)-TMS (Sao Tome & Principe) via LAD (Luanda), I would need to go through the VOA process in order to transit to TMS? My layover is 3 hours 40 minutes.

from what I understand you wouldn't need any visa at all unless you wanted to exit the airport!

Palal Mar 27, 2018 7:09 am

Depends on cmoz's nationality

cmoz Mar 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 29572180)
Depends on cmoz's nationality

Traveling on US Passport (havring about 2 blank pages)

Palal Apr 3, 2018 4:04 am

Then no transit visa is needed if you don't leave the airport. A transit visa will run you $50. If you want to leave the airport - I'd get that.

cmoz Apr 8, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 29596822)
Then no transit visa is needed if you don't leave the airport. A transit visa will run you $50. If you want to leave the airport - I'd get that.

Palal Apr 9, 2018 3:44 am

Looks like they've started doing VoA. You must pre-apply here. The cost is US$120.

ilcannone Apr 16, 2018 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Palal (Post 29618818)
Looks like they've started doing VoA. You must pre-apply here. The cost is US$120.

Applying for the visa may have got a bit easier by going online, but it seems one still needs to prove funds for getting one. Might as well just go to the Embassy and do it! (Albeit I refer to Tourist, not Transit, visas)

Stewie Mac Apr 24, 2019 2:53 am

has anyone tried this yet/succeeded?

People seem to be getting interested in Angola again (from a business pov), so looks like I'll be heading there in the next quarter. I haven't been for 3-4 years, so this evisa thing is new to me... has anyone tried it yet? Easy?

Any comments welcomed.

cargueiro Apr 29, 2019 9:40 am

Works well.

Some claim the site is hard to use. You still have to file a plethora of documents for a 30 day visa like how before you needed to take a load of documents to consulate. Now you have to upload them to the website and they have to be within a certain file size parameter. This confuses many people but is not that difficult. I have heard the website goes down occasionally but for the most part seems to work fine.