Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

ADD / Addis Ababa Bole International Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers

ADD / Addis Ababa Bole International Airport - Connections, Facilities, Layovers

Old Jun 24, 19, 8:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Dubkeano View Post
I’m looking at a 75min connection from DUB-ADD-CPT in December, ET to ET (flight ET713 to ET847) - is it doable? Thanks
Yes, this should be doable - hopefully you would have your boarding pass on hand - but if not I believe it should still be doable.
I just did 2x a KQ to KQ connection - one time with a very delayed arriving KQ flight (but same plane goes back). I had an online check-in print out and upon arriving at ADD, walked fast to the international transfer (there does not seem to be anyone during that hour - after 1 am on both occasion) and just walked back up to the departure hall and went to my gate directly. (you have pass a security screening again).

For the 1st time - due to very late arrival, I was lucky that I was met by an agent responsible for KQ and I was the last pax to get boarded (every one was gone already - it was a bus gate - so as soon as we were dropped off, the bus took the incoming pax to the aircraft).
For the 2nd time - even though with a slight delay, but at a more leisure phase, I still managed to get on the same bus as the rest of the pax - though while being processed at the gate, my name was called on the announcement (although later, there were still 5 pax missing).

All in all - seems connection in ADD is doable on separate tickets - provided you can do online check-in and if possible a print out. (i guess if you don't have a print out at least for ET, you can get one of the agents to help).

On my second connection, I had about 15 mins before boarding time on my boarding pass (they started early boarding).
Cheers!
Old Jul 31, 19, 10:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
T2 to T1 transit

Originally Posted by B747-437B View Post
There is a shuttle bus from T2 to T1 airside which you should use to transfer. It is painless and runs every few minutes. The bus leaves from the lower level arrivals bus gate (at the western end of T2 where the buses from the aircraft drop you off). If you can't find it, just ask one of the many ET staff on the arrivals concourse (before immigration) and they will direct you.
Is this still the case? Will be transiting through ADD in a couple weeks. Separate tickets, but no checked bags is the plan. Coming in on ET 307 and then departing on TK 677. I do not have to get a stamp in the passport or go through immigration, correct? 4 of us in J for both flights.

Thanks!

PS. I find it weird, that the Kenya to ADD flight goes the the "international terminal" and then the ADD to Turkey Flight leaves from the "domestic" terminal. LOL
Old Aug 7, 19, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ShebaMiles Blue, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by Braswch View Post
Is this still the case? Will be transiting through ADD in a couple weeks. Separate tickets, but no checked bags is the plan. Coming in on ET 307 and then departing on TK 677. I do not have to get a stamp in the passport or go through immigration, correct? 4 of us in J for both flights.

Thanks!

PS. I find it weird, that the Kenya to ADD flight goes the the "international terminal" and then the ADD to Turkey Flight leaves from the "domestic" terminal. LOL
Turkish Airlines leaves from Terminal 2 (International). Google shows otherwise, but it does indeed leave from Terminal 2. However, to be sure confirm as you arrive in Addis on the FIDS screen
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
If you're lucky enough to have WePay, you can eat noodles at the newly expanded Chinese restaurant next to the Gold lounge. Possibly the best food to be had in the terminal, if my Chinese friends are to be believed

It'll likely help if you speak and read Chinese too...
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by typical View Post
If you're lucky enough to have WePay, you can eat noodles at the newly expanded Chinese restaurant next to the Gold lounge. Possibly the best food to be had in the terminal, if my Chinese friends are to be believed

It'll likely help if you speak and read Chinese too...

Turkish Airlines leaves from Terminal 2 (International). Google shows otherwise, but it does indeed leave from Terminal 2. However, to be sure confirm as you arrive in Addis on the FIDS screen ​​​​​​too...
Wow. Thank you both, especially regarding terminal 2. I would hope we wouldn't have gone to the wrong terminal, only to then realize we needed to go back.
I'll check how easy wepay is. Why do I need wepay? Why not credit card?

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 19, 5:07 pm

Overnight transit checked luggage?

flying into ADD late evening with an overnight transit and onward to JRO the following morning, all on one ticket with ET. Will get voucher, transit visa, etc.

Do I need to reclaim (am I able to reclaim) my checked bags during the overnight transit, or does ET hang onto them?
Old Aug 17, 19, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Braswch View Post

Wow. Thank you both, especially regarding terminal 2. I would hope we wouldn't have gone to the wrong terminal, only to then realize we needed to go back.
I'll check how easy wepay is. Why do I need wepay? Why not credit card?

Thanks!
So we arrived and departed from terminal 2. Wow! The terminal was packed at 9:30 PM when we got there! We went to the gold lounge but there were no seats. One nice agent called over to the smaller membership only lounge and they let us in there which was much appreciated.

Of course when we went to gate at nearly midnight the airport was not busy. I had forgotten to look for Chinese restaurant but I don't remember seeing one either.
Also, as we did not have our onward boarding passes we weren't able to get them till just before the flight at the gate. I showed my confirmation and seats on my phone when entering the lounge.