Wiki Posts
Search

Visa - SA/Kenya/Tanzania/Zimbabwe/Zambia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Visa - SA/Kenya/Tanzania/Zimbabwe/Zambia

Hello

I am a Canadian, and I am somewhat sure that I can get all of my visas on arrival.

Kenya Visa, I found that I can do online right away. Should I do it or get it on arrival? As I arrive on SwissAir Business, I maybe ahead of a lot of people that maybe in the same boat as me.

Zambia/Zimbabwe/Botswana Visa, I can get on arrival, but is there a way I can get the Kaza UniVisa at Livingstone Airport? Cant fine new reports on this visa.

SA, no visa required.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
many EU flights land at the same time as yours, so if your can get it in advance do it!
For the Univisa check all the important infos here:
https://www.victoriafalls-guide.net/...we-zambia.html
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Visas

Any of them that you can get on line will be helpful to you.

We spent some time in Africa late 2016 and I had considered just dealing with visas when we got there, but went ahead and did it online. I was so glad I did. The line to get a visa was very, very long.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

It does not appear that the KAZA UNIVISA is available online. Am I missing something?

It is likely we will not cross to Zimbabwe and will stay in Zambia. Is it possible to get the Zambia visa online? Is it sufficiently beneficial to get it in advance that I should give up the idea of the Univisa and get the Zambia visa?
LiliT likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It does not appear that the KAZA UNIVISA is available online. Am I missing something?
I just went through the Zambia eVisa process last week and the KAZA UNIVISA was one of the options available (not the type of visa I needed however), but it should be available online.

The KAZA UNIVISA allows tourists to obtain one visa to visit both Zambia and Zimbabwe multiple times. The visa is valid up to 30 days as long as the holder remains within Zambia and Zimbabwe. It also covers those who visit Botswana for day-trips through Kazungula Borders
https://evisa.zambiaimmigration.gov.zm/
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

It worked - and I applied too soon. First, re working. I applied at 9pm GMT on Sunday and the passport info didn't upload. I waited til 5am Monday GMT and it uploaded easily.

I input all the correct days of travel. However, when my visa was issued it said it is only good for 90 days. Our trip is in roughly 110 days. Oops, I guess I'll be going thru the whole drill again.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It worked - and I applied too soon. First, re working. I applied at 9pm GMT on Sunday and the passport info didn't upload. I waited til 5am Monday GMT and it uploaded easily.

I input all the correct days of travel. However, when my visa was issued it said it is only good for 90 days. Our trip is in roughly 110 days. Oops, I guess I'll be going thru the whole drill again.
Ouch. You plan way too far in advance!

On the bright side though, you know that it works now...

Maybe email them and see if they can revalidate the dates?
Old May 16, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Funny this came up, I visited the Zambiam embassy in Moscow this afternoon...this was probably a bit unnecessary for me as I half don't need a visa (as an Irish citizen) at all, but I did wanna inquire about the KAZA visa, and they told the most astonishing thing ever - it hasn't existed since 2010!!! Apparently...pretty sure this is wrong, but whatever.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:00 am

Anyone know if you can pay for the Kaza visa with $50 USD bills? I see a lot of info that small bills should be taken due to the currency issues but I don't want to be carrying a big roll of cash around and change would not be required if it cost $50.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goldenstarburst
Anyone know if you can pay for the Kaza visa with $50 USD bills? I see a lot of info that small bills should be taken due to the currency issues but I don't want to be carrying a big roll of cash around and change would not be required if it cost $50.
They might well have change depending on the airport and agent but why not just take a couple of small bills to pay for it?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by goldenstarburst
Zambia immigration are happy to take 50 and 100 US dollar notes. Just make sure they are the new series, not torn, etc. Usually, tell your bank / bureau de change you are headed to Africa and they will give you the right stuff.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:12 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Univisa at Harare airport

Does anyone know if Univisas are readily available at HRE at the moment? Alternatively, would a pre-applied Univisa from Zambia work okay if first entry into Zam/Zim was at Harare? Does anyone have direct experience of that working ?

[I know that I can get single country VOA in each place, but would save $75 and some time in LUN]

Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by ubiest

Zambia immigration are happy to take 50 and 100 US dollar notes. Just make sure they are the new series, not torn, etc. Usually, tell your bank / bureau de change you are headed to Africa and they will give you the right stuff.
I find the easiest thing in Zambia is to pay by credit card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.