Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

How to get from Lake Manyara area, Arusha or Kilimanjaro to Victoria Falls

How to get from Lake Manyara area, Arusha or Kilimanjaro to Victoria Falls

Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
How to get from Lake Manyara area, Arusha or Kilimanjaro to Victoria Falls?

I'm helping some relatives plan a trip to Tanzania, Zimbabwe and South Africa in March. They're a group of 14 people.

I'm having a tough time finding connections from Lake Manyara area, Arusha or Kilimanjaro to Victoria Falls. Most trips are at odd hours and taking 7 - 8 hours. Price per person is ~ US $ 500.

Any suggestions?

I figured chartering a flight may work. Does any one know of any good charter companies that can help with this route? I'm guessing it probably won't be too much more expensive than the US $ 7,000 flying commercial will cost us.

I've contacted HAC and Precision so far.

They also need a charter from Kilimanjaro to Ndutu. They've received quotes ~ US $ 4 K for the plane. Is that a good price? Charter companies that quoted this route weren't interested in the other route.

Thanks!

Last edited by piyush; Nov 2, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Old Nov 3, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by piyush
I figured chartering a flight may work. Does any one know of any good charter companies that can help with this route? I'm guessing it probably won't be too much more expensive than the US $ 7,000 flying commercial will cost us.
I'd be surprised if you got a charter for less than $20-25k, and probably closer to $40k. Tanzania to Zimbabwe is over 1200 miles and 14 people will require a B1900D or similar sized craft, which will involve positioning and depositioning, plus probably a tech stop en route.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I'd be surprised if you got a charter for less than $20-25k, and probably closer to $40k. Tanzania to Zimbabwe is over 1200 miles and 14 people will require a B1900D or similar sized craft, which will involve positioning and depositioning, plus probably a tech stop en route.
Thanks for chiming in!

That's definitely more than they want to spend. They were looking to spend about $ 15 K.

Spending half a day and $ 7,000 is what I'll suggest they go with then .

Thanks again.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
As you say they are doing Tanzania, South Africa and Zimbabwe - have you considered maybe changing the routing slightly? Maybe they can do Tanzania, then South Africa and ending on Zimbabwe. In March the falls are in full flood and quite spectacular - so would not be a bad end to the trip. That way, you could possible get the cheaper South Africa - Victoria Falls - South Africa flights, in addition to Arusha/Kilimanjaro - South Africa probably giving you more options and a lower price?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.