Victoria falls bridge border opening hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage

I am spending 5 days around Victoria Falls soon, flying into LVI, spending two nights in Livingstone and 2 nights in Victoria Falls and then onwards from VFA to South Africa. I will be looking to cross the border from Zambia into Zimbabwe on a Saturday and need to plan accordingly. Does anyone know if the border shuts overnight and if so at what time? Any tips on how best to do this? I've read elsewhere that it requires 3 separate taxis! One on the Zambian side, one to cross "no mans land" between the two border posts and then finally a third to your destination in Zimbabwe. Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:47 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
https://www.victoriafalls24.com/docu...ting_hours.pdf

talk to locals, they prob know more
Old Oct 21, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I would contact a company like Bushtracks or Wild Horizons who will do the transfer for you - they take care of all the logistics, so you do not need to worry about getting from A to B. They will probably work out marginally more expensive, but save you time and frustration.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:55 pm

Last summer our driver in Zambia dropped us at the border. We walked across, bought visas for Zimbabwe, and walked to see the falls from their side and back across in a few hours. Not a big deal at all.

I would think if you coordinating transfers on both sides it would be simple. There was hardly any delay in either visa office. Just make sure you have the cash and whatever else is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.