Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Marrakech . Casablanca, How to get there and what to do...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marrakech . Casablanca, How to get there and what to do...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific Marco Polo
Red face Marrakech . Casablanca, How to get there and what to do...

I am travelling ex Asia to Morocco and am planning it with a bespoke tour guide. Any advice how to travel and where to spend more time and what to avoid. I am going as 3 couples and don't mind city jumping. I was told Casablanca can be a skip so would also need advise , is it better to fly into Marrakech airport or not.

Right now my options are Lufthansa or Qatar airways. But wouldn't mind looking for deals by flying via elsewhere and separate tickets as either way both my options are 24 hour trips including transit from asia.

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Fly into Casablanca and take the Marrakech Express train. A nice little adventure.

Casa is just a big city, a few things to see like the mosque, but otherwise not terribly exciting. It can easily be skipped for an extra day in Marrakech.

Let me know if you want a riad (bed and breakfast) recommendation in Marrakech.

I'll ask a moderator to move this to the Africa forum, as that's where Morocco is located.

(I gotta tell ya, using the adjective "bespoke" is just asking to be teased on this forum.)

Last edited by Doc Savage; Aug 16, 2017 at 9:48 pm
Old Aug 16, 2017, 10:28 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Welcome to Flyertalk. As Morocco is in Africa, I'm going to move your thread to that forum.

l'etoile
sr moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.